Electrodeposition of silver and its influence on the formation of coatings of molybdenum carbide in tungstate-molybdatecarbonate melts
- 1 Institute for Engineering & Technology – University “Ukraine”, Ukraine
- 2 I.M. Frantsevich’s Institute for Problems in Materials Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine
- 3 IUSTI, Ecole Polytechnique, Aix-Marseille University, France
Electrochemical behavior of silver in tungstate-molybdate melts was studied by potentiometric and voltammetric methods. The electrode process was identified as a single-electron reversible one. The effect of silver on the electrochemical deposition of molybdenum carbide coatings and their electrochemical corrosion behavior in a sodium polysulfide melt was studied.
- Malyshev V.V., Kushkov H.B., Shapoval V.I., Environmentally appropriate technologies and resource saving in hightemperature electrochemical synthesis, deposition of metal coatings on superhard materials, and processing of used cutting and boring tools, in book «Green Industrial Applications of Ionic Liquids, ed. by R.D. Rogers et al., Kluwer Academic Publishers, the Netherlands, 2003.
- Malyshev V., Electrodeposition of different types of tungsten cathode deposits from ionic melts, Materials Science, 47, 2011, 345-354.
- Zoski C.G., Handbook of Electrochemistry, Elsevier, 2007.
- Laboratory Techniques in Electroanalytical Chemistry, ed. by Kissinger P.T., Heinemann W.R., 2nd ed., N.Y., Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1996.
- Malyshev V., Gab A., Gaune-Escard M., Molybdenum Electrometallurgical Processes in Ionic Melts, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 23, 2008, 748-751.
- Kurlov A.S., Gusev A.I., Tungsten and Molybdenum Carbides and W(Mo)–C Diagram, Inorganic Materials, 42, 2006, 121- 127.
- Chapter 2: Phase diagrams in alloy systems, Intermetallic Chemistry, ed. by Ferro R., Saccone A., Pergamon Materials Series, 13, 2008, 7-80.
- Science of Hard Materials, ed. by Viswanadham R., Springer, 2012.
- Dobson J.C., McLarnon F.R., Cairns E.J., Voltammetry of Sodium Polysulfides at Metal Electrodes, J. Electrochem. Soc., 133, 1986, 2069-2076.