Experimental ceramic samples were obtained in which the presence of CaMgSi2O6 (predominant phase), MgCr2O4, CaAl2Si2O8 and quartz was detected by X-ray diffraction analysis. During the microscopic examination of the prepared sections, two mineral phases were established: main – clinopyroxene and secondary – green spinel. The presence of prismatic-granular and skeletal structure was found. In the formed dominant diopside phase the presence of numerous inclusions of magnesium-chromium spinel with green color (sizes up to 0,05 mm) was observed evenly distributed in the sections determining the characteristic green color of the samples.
- W. D. Kingery, H. K. Bowen, D. R. Uhlmann, “Introduction to ceramics”, Book, Second edition (N.Y, Wiley, 1976).
- J. S. Reed, “Introduction to the principles of ceramic processing”, Second edition, Book (Wiley, 1995).
- M. W. Barsoum, “Fundamentals of ceramics”, Book (McGraw- Hill, 997).
- M. N. Rahaman, “Ceramic processing and sintering”, Book, Second edition (CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2003).
- E. Gerasimov, A. Gerasimov, A. Atanasov, V. Toshev, D. Petkov, D. Ivanov, L. Georgieva, L. Pavlova, N. Drenska, P. Vinarov, P. Petrov, S. Buchvarov, S. Panova, S. Bagarov, S. Serbezov, S. Stefanov, S. Djambasov, T. Stoikova, T. Dackova, H. Berlinov, “Technology of ceramic products and materials”, Book (in Bulgarian), Edited by prof. Dr. Dipl. Ing. Svetlan Buchvarov, (IK “Sarasvati”, Sofia, 2003).
- R. B. Heimann, “Classic and Advanced Ceramics: From Fundamentals to Applications”, Book (Wiley‐ VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, 2010).
- E. S. Kharashvili, “Trends in developing ceramic pigments (review)”, Glass and Ceramics, vol. 42 (1985), pp. 459-463.
- F. Ren, S. Ishida, N. Takeuchi, K. Fujiyoshi, “Chromium-based ceramic colors”, Ceram. Bull., 71 (1992) 759-764 .
- F. Bondioli, A. M. Ferrari, C. Leonelli, T. Manfredini, “Syntheses of Fe2O3/silica red inorganic inclusion pigments for ceramic applications”, Materials Research Bulletin, 33 (1998) 5-11.
- A. Escardino, S. Mestre, A. Barba, V. Beltran, A. Blasco, “Synthesis mechanism of an iron-chromium ceramic pigment” , J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 83, 1 (2000) 29-32.
- F. Bondioli, L. Barbieri, T. Manfredini, “Grey ceramic pigment (Fe, Zn)Cr2O4 obtained from industrial fly-ash”, Tile & Brick Int., 16 (2000) 246-248.
- F. Bondioli, L. Barbieri, T. Manfredini, “Grey ceramic pigment (Fe, Zn)Cr2O4 obtained from industrial fly-ash,” Tile & Brick International, vol. 16, No. 4 (2000) 246–248.
- J. Calbo, M. Llusar, M. Tena, “Environmental characterization of ceramic pigment industrial wastes”, Bol. Soc. Esp. Ceram. V., 41 (2002) 311-317.
- V. Gomes, A. P. N. de Oliveira, J. A. Labrincha, “Ceramic pigment based on mullite structure obtained from Al-sludge containing formulations,” The American Ceramic Society Bulletin, vol. 84 (2005) 9501-9504.
- F. Matteucci, C. Lepri Neto, M. Dondi, G. Cruciani, G. Baldi, A. O. Boschi, “Colour development of red perovskite pigment Y(Al,Cr)O3 in various ceramic applications”, Advances in Applied Ceramics, 105 (2006) 99–106.
- G. Costa, M. J. Ribeiro, J. A. Labrincha, “Development of waste-based ceramic pigments”, Bol. Soc. Esp. Ceram. Vidrio, 46 (2007) 7–13.
- R. I. Lazau, C. Pacurariu, D. Becherescu, R. Ianos, “Ceramic pigments with chromium content from leather wastes”, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 27, 2 (2007) 1899-1903.
- M. Selvaraj, S. Palraj, K. Maruthan, G. Venkatachari, “Physico-chemical properties of ceramic pigments for high-temperature application”, Progress in Organic Coatings, 62 (2008) 326–330.
- J. Kumar Kar, R. Stevens, C. R. Bowen, “Processing and characterisation of various mixed oxide and perovskite-based pigments for high temperature ceramic colouring application”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 461 (2008) 77–84.
- G. Costa, V. P. Della, M. J. Ribeiro, J. A. Labrincha, “Forming black spinel pigment from industrial sludge”, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 87 (2008) 9101-9107.
- P. M. T. Cavalcante, M. Dondi, G. Guarini, M. Raimondo, G. Baldi, “Colour performance of ceramic nano-pigments”, Dyes and Pigments, 80 (2009) 226–232.
- S. Mestre, M. P. Gómez-Tena, M. F. Gazulla, A. Gozalbo, “Interaction of the chromium–iron black pigment with porcelanised stoneware”, Ceram. Int., 39 (2013) 7453–7459.
- J. Carneiro, D. M. Tobaldi, M. N. Capela, R. M. Novais, M. P. Seabra, J. A. Labrincha, “Synthesis of ceramic pigments from industrial wastes: Red mud and electroplating sludge”, Waste Management, 80 (2018) 371–378.