Phase transformations in metals have a major influence on the material behaviour in several common engineering applications. Steels exhibiting enhanced response to transformation-induced plasticity (e. g. high strength TRIP-steels for automotive production) are examples of the important role martensite formation can play. An externally stressed specimen in the process of a phase transformation may show a significant nonlinear behaviour, which is known as transformation plasticity. Even under an externally applied load stress with the corresponding equivalent stress being small in relation to the “normal” yield stress of the material, plastic deformation occurs.
An aim of a research was to determine relaxation and transformation plasticity properties of alloyed tool steel while is tempered at elevated temperatures and for different tempering duration.
- Janovec J., Svoboda M., Blach J. Evolution of secondary phases during quenching and tempering 12% Cr steel. Materials Science and Engineering A. 1998, Iss. 249, p. 184-189.
- Lakhdar Taleb, Cavallo N., Waeckel F. Experimental analysis of transformation plasticity. International Journal of Plasticity. 2001, Vol. 17, p. 1-20.
- Leblond J. B., Mottet G., Devaux J. C. A theoretical and numerical approuch to the plastic behavior of steels during phase transformations – I. Derivation of general relations. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. 1986, Vol. 34, Iss. 4, p. 395-409.
- Fischer F. D., Reisner G., Werner E., Tanak K., Cailletaud G., Autretter T. A new view on transformation induced plasticity (TRIP). International Journal of Plasticity. 2000, Iss. 16, p. 723-748.
- Claudinon S., Lamesle P., Orten J. J., Fortunier R. Continuous in situ measurement of quenching distortions using computer vision. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2002, Iss. 122, p. 69- 81.
- Геллер Ю. А. Инструментальные стали. Москва: Металлургия, 1975, 584 с.
- Coret M., Calloch S., Combescure A. Experimental study of the phase transformation plasticity of 16MND5 low carbon steel under multiaxial loading. International Journal of Plasticity. 2002, Vol. 18, p. 1707-1727.
- Марочник сталей и сплавов. Под ред. Сорокина В. Г. Москва, Машиностроение. 1989. 640 с.
- Kandrotaite Janutiene R., Baltusnikas A., Mazeika D. Investigation of transformation plasticity peculiarities of alloyed tool steel. Materials science and technology 2018, MS and T 2018, October 14-18, Columbus, OH, USA. Columbus, OH : MS&T18, 2018. ISBN 9780873397681. p. 1107-1114.
- William F. Hosford. Materials for Engineers. Chapter 8 – Nonferrous Metals, Cambridge University Press, 2014, pp. 85-94.