A study of a hypereutectic aluminum-silicon alloy AlSi18, modified by a conventional modifier – phosphorus (P) and a nanosized powder of a nanodiamond (ND) has been carried out. Refinement by 40.8% of the primary Si crystals and by 51% of the Si crystals in the composition of the eutectic has been obtained for the phosphorus-modified alloy in result of the modification. The refinement of the above values for the alloy modified by ND is 41.5% and 94% respectively. The phosphorus-modified alloy AlSi18 has an increased tensile strength (Rm) by 18.5%, relative elongation (А5) by 14.3% and hardness by 1.5%. The alloy, modiified by ND has an increased by 20.4% tensile strength (Rm), increased relative elongation (А5) by 7.15% and hardness decreases by 6.2%.
- Cherepanov A.N., managing editor Fomin V.M., 1995, Plasma-chemical synthesis of ultradisperse powders and their application in metal and alloy modification, Lowtemperature plasma, volume 12, Novosibirsk, Science, Syberian Publishing Company RAS, 1995, p.344;
- Bojanova N., V. Kovachev, I. Panov, V. Manolov, R. Lazarova. "The effect of nanodisized powders on the electrochemical parameters of a protecting aluminum alloy." Collection of reports from the Third National Conference with international participation "Metal Science, Hydro and Aerodynamics, National Safety’ 2013", ISSN 1313-8308, No. 1.30, pp. 151-157;
- J. Kaleicheva, V. Mishev, G. Avdeev, Z. Karaguiozova, B. Dineva, Influence of nanoadditives on the structure and properties of austempered ductile irons, Proceedings in European Conference on Heat Treatment and 21st IFHTSE Congress, 12 -15 May 2014, Munich, Germany.
- V. Yu. Dolmatov, On the mechanism of detonation nanodiamond synthesis Journal of Superhard Materials, August 2008, Volume 30, Issue 4, pp 233–240
- Kalinina A.P., A.N. Cherepanov, V.A. Poluboyarov, Z.A. Korotaeva, Mathematical model of nucleation in liquid metals on ultrafine ceramic particles. - Journal of Physical Chemistry, 2001, v. 75, No. 2, 283-289 .; 0.088;
- Kalinina N.E., Kalinin V.T., Nanomaterials and nanotechnologies: production, structure, application, Monography, Dnepropetrovsk, Makovetskij Y. V. Publishing House, 2012, p. 188;
- Bozhanova N.M., I.T. Panov, V.K. Manolov, A.N. Cherepanov, R.L. Lazarova Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, 2018, Volume 25, No. 5, UDC 541.13 (076.5), Modification of the properties of aluminum protecting anodes by nanopowder materials;
- Lazarova R., N. Bojanova, R. Dimitrova, I. Panov & V. Manolov, „Influence of Nanoparticles Introducing in the Melt of Aluminum Alloys on Castings Microstructure and Properties“, International Journal of Metalcasting, 2016, Vol. 10, Issue 4, 466-476;
- Manolov V., Cherepanov, A., Lazarova R., Konstantinova S., Effect of nanopowder inoculars on the structure and properties of AlSi7Mg alloy, Foundry - M., 2011, No. 11, 11-14, ISSN: 0024-449X, IF
- Marina Khmeleva, Anton Khrustalev and Alexander Vorozhtsov, Structure and mechanical properties of A356-C alloy, MATEC Web of Conferences 243, 000 (2018), https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201824300024