The microstructure and phase composition of Ti47,5Zr30,2Mn15,5V5Ho2 multiphase alloy and the phase composition of the hydrogenation product were investigated by scanning electron microscopy and X-ray phase analysis. It was established that holmium introduced into the alloy not only dissolves in the phase components of the eutectic, but also forms a new phase (oxide). The formation and further growth of crystals of holmium oxide occurs only on the surface of the crystallites of Laves phase. During the first hydrogenation the active absorption of hydrogen by the alloy occurred only when it was heated up to 520 °C, with hydrogen capacity of 2.62 wt.%. The hydrogenation product obtained after the saturation of the alloy with hydrogen contained a new phase, in addition to the hydrides based on the initial phases. After the sorption-desorption cycle, the alloy was already in the activated state and able to absorb hydrogen at room temperature and low pressure (0.21 MPa) starting from the first seconds of contact with the hydrogen medium.
- Fundamental aspects of renewable-hydrogen energy and fuel cell technologies / general edited by Yu.M. Solonin - K.: "KIM", 2018 260 p (in Ukrainian).
- H. Тaizhong, W. Zhu, Y. Xuebin, C. Jinzhou, X. BaoJia, H. Тiesheng, X. Naixin, Hydrogen absorption–desorption behavior of zirconium-substituting Ti–Mn based hydrogen storage alloys Intermetallics, 12, No.2: 2004, р. 91-96.
- X. Yu, B. Xia, Z. Wu, N. Xu, Phase structure and hydrogen sorption performance of Ti–Mn-based alloys Materials Science and Engineering A, 373, No. 1-2: 2004, р. 303-308.
- H. Taizhong, W. Zhu, S. Guoxin, X. Naixin, Microstructure and hydrogen storage characteristics of TiMn2−XVX alloys Intermetallics, 15: 2007, р. 593-598.
- X. Y. Chen, R. R. Chen, X. Ding, H. Z. Fang, J. J. Guo, H. S. Ding, Y. Q. Su, H. Z. Fu, Crystal structure and hydrogen storage properties of Ti-V-Mn alloys Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 43, No.12: 2018, р. 6210-6218.
- M. Ping, W. Erdong, L. Wuhui, Hydrogen storage properties and microstructures of Ti0.7Zr0.3(Mn1−xVx)2 (x = 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5) alloys Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 39, No.25: 2014, р. 13569- 13575.
- V. G. Ivanchenko, V. А. Dekhtyarenko, T. V. Pryadko, Hydrogen Sorption Properties of Ti0.475Zr0.3Mn0.225 Eutectic Alloy Alloyed with 2 at.% and 5 at.% of Vanadium, Меtallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol., 37, No. 4: 2015, p. 521-530.
- Z. Yao, L. Liu, X. Xiao, C. Wang, L. Jiang, L. Chen, Effect of rare earth doping on the hydrogen storage performance of Ti1.02Cr1.1Mn0.3Fe0.6 alloy for hybrid hydrogen storage application J. Alloys Compd., 731: 2018, р. 524-530.
- А. V. Manujlov, V. I. Rodionov, Osnovi khimii, I-vo "Centrpoligraf", 2016 (in Russian).
- G. F. Kobzenko, A. A. Shkola, Reactor for the studying of metal-gas reaction Materials diagnostics, 56: 1990 p. 41-45 (in Russian).
- V. G. Ivanchenko, V. A. Dekhtyarenko, T. V. Pryadko, and V. I. Nychyporenko, Influence of V on the Structure and Phase Composition of Eutectic Ti0.475Zr0.3Mn0.225 Alloy, Metallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol., 36, No.6: 2014 p. 803—813 (in Russian).
- V. G. Ivanchenko, V. А. Dekhtyarenko, Т. V. Pryadko, D. G. Savvakin, I. K. Evlash, Influence of Heat Treatment on the Hydrogen-Sorption Properties of Ti0.475Zr0.3Mn0.225 Eutectic Alloy Doped with Vanadium, Materials Science, 51, No. 4 2016, p. 492- 499.
- V. G. Ivanchenko, V. А. Dekhtyarenko, T. V. Pryadko, Sorption properties of heterophase alloys β(Ti,Zr,Mn)+(Ti,Zr)Mn2−x, Меtallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol., 33, spets. vyp.: 2011 p. 479-484 (in Russian).