The protective coatings of Al2O3 and AlN on iodide titanium in initial state and after annealing in a hydrogen atmosphere were investigated by scanning electron microscopy. It was found that the coatings protect titanium from the interaction with hydrogen at a pressure of 0.6 MPa up to 650 °C. It was shown that at 700 °C and pressure 0.6 MPa cracking of the protective coatings occurred, and the process of active absorption of hydrogen started.
- C.D. Beachem, New model for hydrogen assisted cracking (hydrogen embrittlement). Metall. Trans. A, 3: 1972, p. 437-451.
- H.G. Nelson, Hydrogen embrittlement. Treatise on Materials Science and Technology, 25: 1983, p. 275-359. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-341825-8.50014-3
- J. P. Hirth, Effects of hydrogen on the properties of iron and steel Metall. Trans. A, 11A: 1980, p. 861-890. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02654700
- N.N. Sergeev, A.N. Sergeev, S.N. Kutepov, A.E. Gvozdev, E.V. Ageev, Analysis of theoretical concepts on the mechanisms of hydrogen cracking of metals and alloys Izvestiya Yugo-Zapadnogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 21, No.3: 2017, p. 6-33 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.21869/2223-1560-2017-21-3-6-33
- P. Cotterill, Hydrogen embrittlement of metals. Moscow, Metallurgizdat., 1963, 117 p. (in Russian).
- B.A. Kolachev, Hydrogen embrittlement of metals. Moscow, Metallurgizdat., 1985. 216 p. (in Russian).
- A. Iulianelli, T. Longo, S. Liguori, P.K. Seelam, R.L. Keiski, A. Basile, Oxidative steam reforming of ethanol over Ru–Al2O3 catalyst in a dense Pd–Ag membrane reactor to produce hydrogen for PEM fuel cells. Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 34, No.21: 2009, p. 8958-8963. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2009.07.063
- A.V. Gapontsev, V.V. Kondratiev, Hydrogen diffusion in disordered metals and alloys Physics-Uspekhi, 173, No.10: 2003, p. 1107-1129. http://dx.doi.org/10.1070/PU2003v046n10ABEH001660
- K.S. Forcey, D.K. Ross, C.H. Wu, The formation of hydrogen permeation barriers on steels by alumnising. J. Nucl Mater. 182: 1991, p. 36-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3115(91)90413-2
- E. Serra, H. Glasbrenner, A. Perujo, Hot-dip aluminium deposit as a permeation barrier for MANET steel. Fusion Eng Des., 41, No.1-4: 1998, p. 149-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0920-3796(98)00224-5
- A. Perujo, K.S. Forcey, T. Sample, Reduction of deuterium permeation through DIN 1.4914 stainless steel (MANET) by plasma-spray deposited aluminum. J. Nucl Mater. 207: 1993, p. 86- 91. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3115(93)90249-X
- G.F. Kobzenko, A.A. Shkola, Reactor for the studying of metal-gas reaction Materials diagnostics, 56: 1990, p. 41-45 (in Russian).