The main objective of this paper is to develop and calibrate traffic synthetic model for forecasting traffic demand in Anamorava region. The model on existing situation is developed based on “meta model” which uses PTV Visum software. In order to set up a model were taken into account input variables number of residents, number of people employed, working places available as well as the traffic volume entering and exiting this region at “peak hour”. With intention to have traffic volumes as an outcome expressed as AADT, correction coefficients are applied. Multiplying the traffic volumes with correction coefficient there is traffic demand gained for the period of 24 hours which is an indicator to be used for comparison of results. In order to get the reliable model for forecasting, calibration of it is done through TFlow Fuzzy algorithm technique based on GEH test, R2 and percentage deviation criterions. Once the level is completed satisfactory, the final model can be used to forecast the traffic demand for this region.
- Kutz, M. Handbook of Transportation Engineering, Volume II: Applications and Technologies. McGraw-Hill Professional, Second Edition, 2004.
- Zdenek, R. & Dytrych, J. Peak-period Models and 24-hour Models Comparison. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Environment, Economics, Energy, Devices, Systems, Communications, Computers, Mathematics (EDSCM’12), 175-180, 2012.
- Luburić, G., Šoštarić, M. & Slavulj, M. (2011). Measuring of Transit Traffic in Cities. Technical Gazette, 18(4), 619-625. https://hrcak.scrce.hr/75412.
- Kosovo Census Atlas. Geographic and Administrative Division of Kosovo, ASK, Prishtina, 2013.
- Ortuzar, J. & Willumsen, L. Modelling Transport 4th Edition. Chichester: Wiley, 2009.
- TRB, Highway Capacity Manual 2010. Transportation Research Board-Special Report 209, Edition 2010.
- PTV Vision Visum 15 User’s Manual.
- Yatskiv, I.; Savrasov, M.: Development of Riga-Minsk transport corridor simulation model. Transport and Telecommunication, Volume 11, No. 1, 38-47, Latvia, 2010.
- General Statistics of Kosovo ASK, Prishtina, 2014.
- Grujić, A. & Jokanović, I. Classification and Categorization of State Roads – Comparative Analysis of Regulations. Proceedings of Papers of Civil Engineering Faculty of Subotica, No.22, 159-171, 2013.
- Atanasova, V., Angelevska, B., Krstanoski, N. & Cvetanoski, I. Calculation of Transport Demand by Applying Software PTV Vision Visum. International Scientific Journal. Machines, Technologies and Materials (MTM). Issue 3, Sofia, Bulgaria, 2017.
- Mikolaj, J. & Remek, L. Traffic Flow Modelling based on ISOHDM Study. Proceedia Engineering, Vol.111, 522-529. doi:10.1016/j.proeng.2015.07.126, 2015.
- Haxhipetkovska, K. Creation of Macro Model for Transport Demand for City and Region. Master Thesis. University “St Kliment Ohridski” Faculty of Technical Sciences Bitola, Macedonia, 2015.
- PTV AG. How to work with TFlow Fuzzy. Official Manual, PTV Vision Visum, Karlsruhe, 2008.
- TII Publications PE-PAG-02015. Project Appraisal Guidelines for National Roads Unit 5.1 – Construction of Transport Models. Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII), 2016.
- Friedrich, M.; Nökel, K.; Mott, P.: Keeping Passenger Surveys Up to Date: A Fuzzy Approach, Transportation Research Records, No. 1735, pp. 35-42, 2000.