A fuzzy logic-based Anti-Lock Braking Systems
- 1 Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
In today’s automobile industry, the need to adjust the speed of the vehicle and stabilize the wheels control is still a task due to road conditions and traffic. The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) is a tool used in automobiles to prevent wheels from locking while brakes are pressed. The objective of this work is the maintenance of the wheel slip value to a desirable slip ratio as the vehicle model is simulated using a fuzzy logic controller. The analyses are made based on the slip ratio, angular velocity and stopping time.
- J.R. Layne, K.M. Passino, S. Yurkovich. (1993) „Fuzzy learning control for antiskid braking systems‟, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.122–129.
- M. Dousti. S. Ç. Başlamışlı, T. Onder, S. Solmaz (2014) “Design of a multiple-model switching controller for ABS braking dynamics”, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, Vol. 37 No. 5.
- J. Cabrera, J.J. Castillo, J. Pérez, J.M. Velasco, A.J. Guerra, P. Hernández. (2018) “A Procedure for Determining Tire- Road Friction Characteristics Using a Modification of the Magic Formula Based on Experimental Results”, Sensors, Vol. 18 No. 3, pp. 1-17.
- A.A. Aly, El.Sh. Zeidan, A. Hamed, F.A. Salem (2011) “An Antilock-Braking Systems (ABS) Control: A Technical Review”, Intelligent Control and Automation, Vol. 2 No. 3, pp. 186-195.
- Y. Yazicioglu (2008) “A fuzzy logic controlled Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) for improved braking performance and directional stability”, International Journal of Vehicle Design, Vol. 48 No. 3/4, pp. 299-315.
- J. Guo X. Jian, G. Lin (2014) “Performance Evaluation of an Anti-Lock Braking System for Electric Vehicles with a Fuzzy Sliding Mode Controller”, Energies, Vol. 7 No. 10, pp. 6459-6476.
- S. Anwar. “An anti-lock braking control system for a hybrid electromagnetic/electro hydraulic brake-by-wire system‟, Proceedings of the 2004 American Control Conference, Boston June 30 – July 2, 2004, pp. 2699-2704
- M. K. Agladah. (2019) “Anti-Lock Braking System Components Modeling”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), Vol. 9 No. 2, pp. 3969-3975.
- V. Annegowda “Implementation of the Pacejka Tire Model for a vehicle simulation in MATLAB” March 2018
- H. Yasin (2019) “Modelling and Control of Hybrid Vehicle”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Interdisciplinary Sciences (IJITIS), Vol. 2 No.3, pp. 212-222.
- Th. Poulain (2019) “Trajectory Generation and Control of Autonomous Vehicles”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Interdisciplinary Sciences (IJITIS), Vol. 2 No.3, pp. 200-211.
- Sh. Saha (2020) “Automated Traffic Law Enforcement System: A Feasibility Study for the Congested Cities of Developing Countries”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Interdisciplinary Sciences (IJITIS), Vol. 3 No.1, pp. 346-363.