Basic Analytical and Geometric Synthesis of Conic Convolute Helical Surfaces of Spatial Rack Drives. Software and Graphic Study
- 1 Institute of Mechanics- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 Center of Competence MIRACLe – Mechatronics Clean Technologies, Sofia, Bulgaria2
This study treats a study oriented to the basic synthesis of the conic convolute helicoid. On the base of the elaborated mathematical model, the written equations show a theoretical possibility, depending on the basic geometrical characteristics of the designed conic convolute worm, to generate the active flanks of the helical teeth as parts of these conical convolute helicoids. Analytical dependences of the cross-section and the axial section of the conic convolute surfaces are obtained. These relations, as well as the performed studies of the graphic images of these sections, precede the process of constructing the algorithms for computer synthesis and design of these conic helical surfaces. The realized studies of the graphic images of these sections are the basis of the algorithms for computer synthesis and design of these conical helical surfaces. The appearance of singular points on these surfaces is examined, which is of particular importance for their technological synthesis. Based on the developed algorithm, a computer program for the synthesis and visualization of conic helical surfaces is realized and illustrated.
- E. Abadjieva. Spatial Rack Drives. Mathematical Modelling for Synthesis. VDM Verlag Dr. Müller e.K., 2011, 72 pp., (ISBN: 978-3-639-24045-0)
- V. Abadjiev. Gearing Theory and Technical Applications of Hyperboloid Drives, Sc. D. Thesis, Institute of Mechanics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, 309, (2007),(in Bulgarian)
- Abadjieva, E., V. Abadjiev. Regular Mechanical Transformation of Rotations into Translations: Part 2. Kinematic Synthesis of the Elements of High Kinematic Joints, Realizing the Process of Motions Transformations. J. of Theor. and Appl. Mech., Sofia, 47( 3), 3-24 (2017)
- Lashnev, S., Yulikov, M. Calculation and Design of Metal- Cutting Tools with an IBM Application. Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 391, (1975)
- Litvin, F., Fuentes, A. Gear Geometry and Applied Theory. Second Edition, Cambridge University Press, 800, (2004)
- Lyukshin, V. The Theory of Helical Surfaces in the Design of Cutting Tools. Mashinostroenie Publishing House, Moscow, 371, (1968)
- Semchenko, I., Magyushin, M., G. Saharov. Design of Metal Cutting Tools. Mashgiz, Moscow, 952, (1962)
- Abadjiev, V., Okhotsimsky, D., Platonov, A. Research on the Spatial Gears and Applications, Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Preprint No 89, Moscow, (1997).
- BDS 8540-84, 1985. Gear sets. Common terms. Definitions and symbols. Institute of Standardization, Sofia, (1985).
- Abadjiev, V. Mathematical Modelling for Synthesis of Spatial Gears, Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering., Proc Inst. Mech Engrs, Vol. 216, Part E, pp. 31-46, (2002).
- Abadjiev V., E. Abadjieva. Conic Linear Helicoids: Part 1. Synthesis and Analysis of the Basic Geometric Characteristics. Gears in Design, Production, and Education. Mechanisms and Machine Science, 101. Springer, Cham, 339-360, (2021)
- Rashevsky, P. Course of Differential Geometry. Ed. State Publishing House of Technical and Theoretical Literature, Moscow, 1956, 420, (1956).
- Ginzburg, E., N. Golovanov, N. Firun, N. Halebsky. Gear Transmissions. Mashinostroenie, Leningrad, 416, (1980)
- Golovanov, N., E. Gizburg, N. Firun Spatial Transmissions, and Worm Gear Mechanisms. Mashinostroenie, Leningrad, 515, (1967).