The physic-technological basis for fabrication of bulk rods and plates of amorphous, amorphous-nanocrystalline and 100% nanocrystalline alloys at melt cooling rates from 80 to 3200 K/s with crystal sizes from 10 to 50 nm has been developed. The multiphase structure formed in the initial bulk samples, as well as in the process of nanocrystallization of amorphous ribbons, is characterized by record microhardness values of 17-22 GPa. Amorphous powders (20-100 μm) of Fe55Ni8Co6Mo4Cr2V1Al2P9C6B5Si2 and Fe61.37Co6.84Cr3.78V0.85W0.82Mo1.06Nb0.85B19.87C1.99Si2.57 alloys are used to create a wear-resistant coating on structural stainless steels and low-carbon St3 by the gas-thermal “cold” method » sputtering and subsequent melting of the applied layer.The values of microhardness (Hμ) of nano-coatings significantly exceed the microhardness of all known tool steels. Examples of technology transfer and practical using of developed amorphous and nanocrystalline alloys are presented.
- Marcus M. On the correlation between glass-forming tendency and liquidus temperature in metallic alloys. - Mater. Sci. Eng., Vol. 23, 1976, P. 211 – 214. (Marcus M., D. Turnbull.)
- Inoue A. Stabilization of metallic supercooled liquid and bulk amorphous alloys.- Acta Mater, Vol. 48, 2000, P. 279 – 306.
- Botta W.J. Crystallization of Fe-based amorphous alloys.- J. Non-Cryst. Sol., Vol. 247, 1999, P. 19–25. (W.J. Botta, F.D Negri, A.R. Yavari)
- Wesseling P. Quantitative evaluation of α-Al nano-particles in amorphous Al87Ni7Gd6 – comparison of XRD, DSC, and TEM.- Scr. Mater. Vol. 48, 2003, P. 1537–1541. (Wesseling P, B.C. Ko, J.J. Lewandowski)
- Jiao Z.B. Effects of alloying elements on glass formation, mechanical and soft-magnetic properties of Fe-based metallic glasses.- Intermet. Vol. 19, 2011, P. 1502 – 1508. (Jiao Z.B., H.X. Li, J.E. Gao, Y.Wu et. al)
- Kim H.-K. Ductile Fe-based amorphous alloy.- Mater. Sci. Eng. A. Vol. 552, 2012, P. 399–403. (Kim H.-K., Lee K.-B., Lee J.-Ch.)
- Krivchik L. Strengthening of pipe tools for cold roller rolling of corrosion-resistant pipes by application of amorphous alloys.- PASТ. №5, Vol.135, 2021, Р. 131-138. https://doi.org/10.46813/2021-135-131/ (Krivchik L., Khokhlova T., Pinchuk V., Holovachov А., Srebryansky G., Nosenko V., Zagorodniy O.)