Improving the Linearized stresses resistance by Nano-Coating, Part-2
- 1 Engineering Faculty /Mutah University / AlKark/ Jordan
The part-2 research is a continuation of part-1 of using a simulation of Nano coating effect on linearized stresses resistance using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software was carried out. The prime focus here was on exposing a thin Aluminum (Al7075-T6) walled spherical vessel to internal pressure before and after coating, this spherical vessel was coated by Nano- layer using two different materials such as Titanium (Ti) and Nickel (Ni) with thicknesses ranging (100 nm, 500 nm, and 900 nm). Then a comparison of the obtained results was made before and after coating. The results showed that the aluminum Al7075-T6 thin walled spherical vessel successfully coated with Titanium and Nickel separately using ANSYS software. In addition, the results have shown that 100,500 and 900 nm thickness Nickel coated aluminum 7075-T6 thin walled spherical vessel has a better improvement in linearized stresses resistance. These improvements in linearized stresses resistance were equal to 42% with Nickel coating in comparison with Titanium coating of thickness (100, 500 1nd 900 nm). The improvement of the linearized stress highest resistance is about 2.5% and 5% for Ti and Ni, respectively.
- A. Alagarasi, 2011. Introduction to Nonmaterial, P76, API SPEC 16R, Specification for Marine Drilling Riser Couplings, Exploration and Production Department, American Petroleum Institute (API), First Edition, January 1997.
- ASM International, Handbook Committee and ASM International, Alloy Phase Diagram Committee, 1990. Metals Handbook: Properties and selection (Vol. 2), ASM international
- Bansal, R. (2010), A textbook of strength of materials, Laxmi Publications
- Boehm Frank, “Nanotechnology in Coatings and Adhesive Applications: Global Markets.” BCC Research, 2010, pp. 1–170.
- Boiler, ASME and Code, P.V., 1989, Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1992(1995)
- BSI, B. (2005). Vocabulary: nano particles, British Standards Institution, PAS 71:2005
- Callister, W.D, 2006. Materials science and engineering 7th edition, NY: John Wiley. & Sons
- Chen, B. H., Hong, L., Ma, Y., & Ko, T. M. (2002). Effects of surfactants in an electro less nickel-plating bath on the properties of Ni− P alloy deposits, Industrial & engineering chemistry research, 41(11), 2668-2678
- Dileep, B. P., et al. "Effect of Zinc Coating on Mechanical Behavior of Al 7075." Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 592, Trans Tech Publications, 2014
- Everhart, J. (Ed.). (2012). Engineering properties of nickel and nickel alloys, Springer Science & Business Media
- Gere, J. M. (2011). Barry. Good no: Mechanics of Material 7th Edition, engage learning, Toronto, 116-127.
- https://www.sharcnet.ca/Software/Ansys/17.0/enus/help/wb_sim/ ds_Equiv_Stress.html. [Online] Available at: https://www.sharcnet.ca. [Accessed 6 June 2018]
- Kaufman, J. G. (2000). Introduction to aluminum alloys and tempers. ASM international
- Kelly, P., 2013. Solid Mechanics Lecture Notes - An Introduction to Solid Mechanics, Auckland: The University of Auckland
- Lo, Ping-Ho, et al. "Role of phosphorus in the electrochemical behavior of electro less Ni-P alloys in 3.5 wt. % NaCl solutions." Surface and coatings Technology 67.1-2 (1994): 27- 34.
- Pidgeon, N., & Rogers-Hayden, T. (2007), Opening up nanotechnology dialogue with the public's: risk communication or „upstream engagement‟, Health, Risk & Society, 9(2), 191-210
- Renn, O., Roco, M., & Litten, E. (2006), Nanotechnology risk governance, Geneva: International Risk Governance Council
- Roco, M. C., & Bainbridge, W.S. (2005), societal implications of nano science and nanotechnology: Maximizing human benefit. Journal of Nan particle Research, 7(1), 1-13
- Schummer, J. (2006). „Societal and Ethical Implications of Nanotechnology‟: Meanings, Interest Groups, and Social Dynamics. In Nanotechnology Challenges: Implications for Philosophy, Ethics and Society (pp. 413-449)
- Shaw, Leon L., et al. "The dependency of microstructure and properties of nano structured coatings on plasma spray conditions." Surface and coatings technology 130.1 (2000): 1-8.
- Williams, J. C. (2007). Titanium, Engineering Materials and Processes, Springer
- Youtie, J., Iacopetta, M., & Graham, S. (2008). Assessing the nature of nanotechnology: can we uncover an emerging general purpose technology, The Journal of Technology Transfer, 33(3), 315-329
- Zeller III, R. L., & Salvati Jr, L. (1994). Effects of phosphorus on corrosion resistance of electro less nickel in 50% sodium hydroxide, Corrosion, 50 (6), 457-467