The art of postponing the inevitable
- 1 University of library studies and information technologies Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Sofia, Bulgaria
This paper briefly reviews the deterioration of written heritage from a chemical point of view and then discusses conservatio n and restoration. Restoration is seen as an art surgery, and conservation as an art by which we postpone the inevitable aging and preservation of the written heritage. The ecological approaches in this area are considered.
- B. F. Zerek. Methods of Disinfection: Ch. 5. // The Preservation and Protection of Collections, 185-204. (2014)
- B. F. Zerek. Methods of Microbiological Control of the Air: Ch. // The Preservation and Protection of Library Collections, 97-142. (2014).
- D. Tapete. Chemistry for Restoration. Painting and Restoration Materials. // Journal of Cultural Heritage, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online. (2017)
- T. D. Schowalter. Management of Insect Populations: Ch. 17. // Insec t Ecology. 4- ed., 565-595. (2016)