Why communication through social media is important for railway business public relations?
- 1 University of Belgrade, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Engineering, Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
Railway transport has been seen as a backbone for sustainable transport system around the world. It is an essential contributor to the economies and the quality of life in many developed countries. In order to increase the volume of railway passenger transport, the railway managers have to influence customers’ satisfaction and to improve the quality of rail services. One of the communication tools railway companies uses to reach their passengers is Facebook. In this paper, the comparative analysis among different railway companies in selected European countries is done, in order to track good and less good examples of the usage of sites for social networking, i.e. Facebook. There are defined relevant criteria for making this relative comparison. After the analysis is done, the measures for improving the relationships with railway passengers are proposed.
- Macnamara J. Public relations and the social: How practitioners are using, or abusing, social media. Asia Pacific Public Relations Journal. 2010.
- Khang H, Ki EJ, Ye L. Social media research in advertising, communication, marketing, and public relations, 1997–2010. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly. 2012 Jun;89(2):279- 98. 32 INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL "TRANS MOTAUTO WORLD" WEB ISSN 2534-8493; PRINT ISSN 2367-8399 YEAR IV, ISSUE 1, P.P. 30-33 (2019)
- Phillips D, Young P, Online public relations: A practical guide to developing an online strategy in the world of social media, Kogan Page Publishers; 2009.
- Papasolomou I, Melanthiou Y, “Social media: Marketing public relations’ new best friend”, Journal of Promotion Management, Vol.1;18(3):319-28. 2012
- Petrović, D i Kaplanović, S. „Mogućnosti i izazovi upotrebe online platformi za društveno umrežavanje u poslovnom okruženju“, Zbornik radova PosTel 2015, str 67-76, Beograd, 2015.
- Berthon, P. R., Pitt, L. F., Plangger, K., and Shapiro, D. “Marketing meets Web 2.0, social media, and creative consumers: Implications for international marketing strategy”, Business horizons, Vol. 55(3), 261-271, 2012.
- Petrovic, D i Kaplanovic, S. “Zastupljenost regionalnih poštanskih kompanija na online društvenim mrežama u kontekstu savremenog poslovanja“ Zbornik radova PosTel 2017, str 39-49, Beograd, 2017.