Possible defects in the system: piston-cooling jacket occur for various reasons. This system work in severe conditions: heat load; variable gas pressure and mechanical friction, which requires high strength, good wear resistance with limited lubrication and overall high resistance to abrasion, corrosion and other wear.The operation of the cylinder-piston group with insufficient or poor quality oil is the most common cause of overheating or engine blockage. Seizing of one or more pistons leads to major engine repairs or even scrappin g. Damaged fuel injectors, inaccurate injection or ignition timing can also cause the mechanism to melt or puncture. Therefore, it is essential to identify the exact causes of defects in the system and look for ways to prevent them.
Studied details were functioned under the identical conditions of good lubrication and no overheating. The reason, apart from the ones mentioned above, which led to their destruction, has been established.
- Anchev V., Physical Metallurgy, part I, Sofia, Technical University, 1990.
- Laboratory Workshop on Metallurgy, Krastev, Yordanov, Gavrilova, Klyavkov, Lazarova, 2020, ISBN 978-954-465-108-4 9
- BSS 2734-83 Tensile/compression material testing.
- BSS 5177-05 Defects in castings. Terminology and classification of defects, Sofia, 1986.
- Handbook of Metallurgy and Metal Processing by Plastic Deformation, Acad. Marin Drinov, Union of Metallurgists in Bulgaria, 2009.
- Maneva, Stanev, Details of aluminum alloys for the automotive industry, Proceedings of "FOUNDRY 2014", 196-199, ISSN 1310-3946.
- Stanev, Iotov, Comparative study of the behavior of dry and abrasive friction and wear of a piston aluminum alloy, Proceedings of "FOUNDRY 2014", 200-203, ISSN 1310-3946.