This paper summarizes the main results of a study on the current state and the development of electroshock less lethal weapons used in law enforcement. Based on statistics and studies, conclusions have been made about the taser-type devices effectiveness and safety with a view to their further improvement.
- Moffit, K. Taser: A View into the Future of Law Enforcement Technology. Criminal Justice Institute School of Law Enforcement Supervision, November 2008.
- Feinberg, A. The Bizarre Failed Weapons That Led to the Stun Gun. Gizmodo, 12 May 2014.
- Schlussel, D. Human Electro-Muscular Incapacitation (HEMI) Use in the Military: Applicability Across the Full Spectrum of Operations. Report. US Marine Corps, 2010.
- JOLT Rechargeable Police Stun Gun Flashlight 95M. The Home Security.
- Police Force Tactical LED Stun Gun Baton 12M. The Home Security.
- Flatow, N. How U.S. Law Enforcement Uses 50,000 Volts Of Electricity To Keep Defendants In Line. ThinkProgres, 4 March 2014.
- Borger, J. US prisons 'use electric shock belts for torture'. The Guardian, 9 June 1999.
- Mann, M. A true takedown device: How the Stun-Cuff wireless prisoner control device makes transport safer. PoliceOne, 13 August 2015.
- Nikolova, V. Special Means for Individual Protection. IMSETHAC-BAS, 2014, ISBN:978-619-90310-2-5.
- Nikolova, V., S. Petkov. Main directions in the development of dynamic type protective devices. Annual university scientific conference of NMU “V. Levski”, 2016, vol. 4, 65-75.
- Security Pro USA. SecPro Stun Tech Anti - Riot Shield.
- MART Group of Companies. Electroshock weapons for law enforcement agencies.
- AXON. https://www.axon.com/products
- GARD. JSC ‘Rtech-No’. http://www.gardsystems.ru/english/gard/
- Global Sources. https://www.globalsources.com/
- Alpert, G. and R. Dunham. Analysis of police use-of-force data. Washington, National Institute of Justice, 2000.
- Adkins, L. Oleoresin Capsicum: an Analysis of the Implementation of Pepper Spray into the Law Enforcement Use of Force Continuum in a Selected Police Department. East Tennessee State University, 8, 2003.
- Butler, C. Police/Public Interaction and its Relation to Use of Force by Police and Resulting Injuries to Subjects and Officers. Law Enforcement Executive Forum, December 2008.
- Mesloh, C., M. Henych, R. Wolf. Less lethal weapon effectiveness, use of force, and subject & officer injuries: A five-year analysis. A report to the National Institute of Justice, USA, 2008.
- Smith, M., R. Kaminski, G. Alpert, L. Fridell, J. MacDonald, B. Kubu. A multi-method evaluation of police use of force outcomes: Final report. National Institute of Justice, USA, 2010.
- Kjellman, T. Less Lethal Weapons: An Effectiveness Analysis. Senior Thesis. Liberty University, 2016.
- American Public Media. When Tasers Fail. 9 May 2019. https://www.apmreports.org/episode/2019/05/09/when-tasers-fail
- Zipes, D. Taser Electronic Control Devices Can Cause Cardiac Arrest in Humans. Circulation, vol. 129, No 1, 2014, pp 101-111.
- USA: “Less Than Lethal”? List of Deaths Following Use of Stun Weapons in US Law Enforcement: 3 June 2001 to 31 August 2008. NY: Amnesty International Publications. December 2008.
- Roberts, J.R. The Medical Effects of TASERs. Emergency Medicine News, Volume 30, Issue 2, February 2008, 11-14.
- National Institute of Justice. Assessing the Safety of Conducted Energy Devices. 2012. https://nij.ojp.gov/topics/articles/assessing-safety-conducted-energy-devices
- National Institute of Justice. Police Use of Force, Tasers and Other Less-Lethal Weapons. U.S. Department of Justice, May 2011.
- Wihbey, J., W. Kille. Excessive or reasonable force by police? Research on law enforcement and racial conflict. Harvard Kennedy School, 28 July 2016.
- Gunderson, A. The Mixed Effects of Tasers in Civilian-Police Encounters. Chicago Policy Review, April 15th, 2018.
- Police Executive Research Forum (PERF). Refining the Role of Less-Lethal Technologies: Critical Thinking, Communications, and Tactics Are Essential in Defusing Critical Incidents. Washington, DC, February 2020.