In view of the projects, which are being implemented in the second programming period 2014-2020 by the metropolitan municipality, a reconstruction of Graf Ignatiev Blvd was planned. An important part of it is the construction of the railway track. In fulfilment of the requirement for the elaboration of a diploma thesis on this topic, a number of options for implementation of the project, which apart from applied have a cognitive value. They meet the requirements for interoperability of technical infrastructure in relation to Commission Regulation (EU) No 1299/2014 of 18 November 2014 concerning the technical specifications for interoperability relating to the infrastructure subsystem of the rail system in the European Union .
- Regulations for the technical requirements and norms of the tramway track, Metropolitan municipality, Sofia, 1986, 2000
- Todorov S., Development of public passenger transport in Sofia, e-book (.pdf) at the site: www.uacg.bg, issued by UACEG, ISBN 978-954-724-048-3, 126 p.
- EC Regulation 1299/2014 of 18 November 2014 on the technical specifications for interoperability, Official Journal of the European Union, L 356, 12.12.2014, 109 p.
- Ogansov, G., S. Bratoev, I. Gadzhev. Metro Engineering, Technika, Sofia, 1990, 1996, 239 p.
- Ordinance No. 2 of 29 June 2004 on Planning and Design of Communication and Transport Systems of Urban Areas, SG. No. 86 of October 1, 2004; SG. No. 93 of October 19, 2004, am. and dop. SG. issue 56 of July 24, 2015; and dop. SG. No. 70 of September 9, 2016; SG. No. 75 of September 27, 2016, Am. and dop. SG. No. 33 of 25 April 2017.
- Kachaunov T., V. Stamenov, Urban passenger transport, Sofia, 1994, 217 p.
- Dencheva H., Railway track and track maintenance, the University, 2014, 210 p.
- Bulgaranov L., T. Yonov, Design guide for electric transport, Technical University of Sofia, 2001
- Balgaranov L.B., Electrical Transport, VTU-Sofia, ISBN954- 12-0103-2, Sofia, 308 p., 2004
- Коссой Ю. М., Рельсовые пути трамваев и внутризаводских дорог, Москва, Транспорт, 1987 г.