Increasing transport efficiency by using wireless transmissions
- 1 The Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport, University of Žilina, Slovak Republic
The main subject of this article is description of an actual two realizations of the connection between trucks and centre using GPS and GPRS and WI-FI technologies in Slovak companies. There are described advantages of the freight cars connection using wireless technologies, as advanced trends of wireless technologies using in the road transportation. There are described basic concept of wireless technologies GPS and GPRS and possibilities of using these nets in a road transport for Fleet tracking and realization of the connection between trucks and centre using WI-FI technologies.
- Thomas, R.M., Lokální počítačové síte, Brno, Computer Press 1998.
- Pužmanová, R., Bezpečnost bezdrátové komunikace, Brno, CP Books, 2005.
- Šusteková D., Computer networks and the Internet, Bratislava, Dolis,, 2015.
- Šusteková D., Computer nets and wireless technologie using in the suburban public and out-plant-freight transportation - Doprava a spoje, volume 2, 2012, pages 402-408.
- Pavličko M., Advanced trends of informatics technologies using in the road transportation - Anale Universitatii Constantin Brancusi din Targu Jiu, volume 6, 2009, pages 243-252.