Recently, development in the 3D technology is becoming more evident. The diffusion of the acquisition systems is helped from the rapid evaluation of the information technology and Mechatronics, permitting low-cost system by using off-the-shelf hardware (webcam, projectors, etc.) for 3D scanning. This paper is focused on the development, implementation and testing of an automated low cost motorized active 3D structured light scanning system (SLS). The scanner is based on the software platform of the DAVID Laser Scanner Vision Systems GmbH’s. Advanced of basic technologies for comparing the scanned data, will show the differences in performance of the 3D data acquisition with a test to reference approach with a commercial scanning system.
- D. Page, A. Koschan, S. Voisin, N. Ali and M. Abidi, "3D CAD model generation of mechanical parts," Assembly Automation, vol. 25, no. 3, p. 230–238, 2005.
- V. Raja and K. J. Fernandes, Reverse engineering : an industrial perspective, Springer Series in Advanced Manufacturing, 2009.
- L. M. Galantucci, E. Piperi, F. Lavecchia and A. Zhavo, "Semi- Automatic Low cost 3D Laser scanning systems for reverse engineering," in 3rd CIRP Global Web Conference, 2014.
- K. Herakleous and C. Poullis, "3DUNDERWORLD-SLS: An Open-Source Structured-Light Scanning System for Rapid Geometry Acquisition," Immersive and Creative Technologies Lab, Cyprus University of Technology, 2014.
- M. Gupta, A. Agrawal, A. Veeraraghavan and S. G. Narasimhan, "Structured Light 3D Scanning in the Presence of Global Illumination," in IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (2011), 2011.
- I. Stancˇic´, J. Music´ and V. Zanchi, "Improved structured light 3D scanner with application to anthropometric parameter estimation," Measurement, vol. 46, no. 1, p. 716–726, 2013.
- H. Cui, Y. Li and C. Li, "Strategy for 3D Reconstruction of Industrial Rubber Part," JOURNAL OF COMPUTERS, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 458-463, 2012.
- C. Paniagua, L. Puig and J. J. Guerrero, "Omnidirectional Structured Light in a Flexible Configuration," Sensors 2013, vol. 13, pp. 13903-13916, 2013.
- D. Akca, "3D MODELING OF CULTURAL HERITAGE OBJECTS WITH A STRUCTURED LIGHT SYSTEM," Mediterranean Arhaeology and Archaeometry, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 139-152, 2012.
- J. Geng, "Structured-light 3D surface imaging: a tutorial," Advances in Optics and Photonics 3, p. 128–160 , 31 March 2011.
- T. Spahiu, J. Kacani, E. Shehi and E. Piperi, "3D Body Scanning Technique for Anthropometric Measurements and Custom Clothing Design," in U3M-AL, 2014.
- "Arduino," Interaction Design Institute Ivrea, Italy, [Online]. Available: www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ntroduction. [Accessed 11 November 2014].
- 3D. System, 333 Three D System Circle, [Online]. Available: http://www.3dsystems.com/about-us. [Accessed 10 11 2014].