INNOVATION POLICY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
Development of menstrual panties within the framework of sustainability and creation of a start-up
- 1 Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic
Direct At the Technical University of Liberec, Faculty of Textiles, there was a cooperation between this state university and a small private company. The cooperation was created for the development of sustainable aids for menstrual periods. All development took place at the university, including the search for local production partners, and the private company financed the development. The output is a utility model owned by the university and the private company, and in addition the private company pays the license fee. Th e article describes in more detail this cooperation, as well as the development and the developed product, up to its actual commercialization.
- C. Parent, C. Tetu, C. Barbe, S. Bonneau, R. Gabriel, O. Graesslin, E. Raimond, Menstrual hygiene products: A practice evaluation, Journal of Gynecology Obstetrics and Human Reproduction, 51 (2022)
- L. Medina-Perucha, at all, Use and perceptions on reusable and non-reusable menstrual products in Spain: A mixed-methods study, PLOS, (2022)
- de Belleville, A. Veyrat, The business of menstruation in India, IIMB Publications, (2019)
- S. Stockburger, H.A. Omar, P. J. A. Hillard, K. Kantartzi, G. Sucato, Menstrual Health, PPaAG, 29 (2013)
- Q. Marcelis, A. Gatzios, E. Deconinck, V. Rogiers, T. Vanhaecke, B. Desmedt, Development and application of a novel method to assess exposurelevels of sensitizing and irritating substances leaching from menstrualhygiene products, Emerging Contaminants, 7 (2021)
- Y. Bao-guo, L. Yi, H. Jun-yan, K. Yi-lin, Y. Kwok-wing, An improved test method for characterizing the dynamic liquid moisture transfer in porous polymeric materials, Polymer Testing, 25 (2006)
- SDL Atlas, Moisture management tester, Instruction manual, 62 pp.