As plastic products shrink during cooling, so knowledge of shrinkage factor for different materials is required. The main objective of the study is to examine the influence of mold cooling process on subsequent deformation of finished part. To achieve the goal, simulations were carried out at different temperatures of the cooling agent. Statistical processing was performed and a regression model was derived describing the relationship between temperature, time and deformation during cooling.
- Middleton B., Goodship V., B. Cherrington. Design and manufacture of plastic components for multifunctionality (2016).
- Tim A. Osswald,Lih-Sheng Turng,Paul J. Gramann. Injection Molding Handbook. Hanser Verlag, 2008.
- Thakre, Prashant, et al. "Estimation of shrinkage & distortion in WaxInjection using Moldex3D simulation." Materials Today: Proceedings 5.9 (2018): 19410-19417.
- Cousineau, Jeffrey Scott. "Effect of cooling rate and mold counter pressure on the crystallinity and foaming control in microcellular injection molded polypropylene parts." (2012).
- Rabbi, M. S., Tansirul Islam, and GM Sadiqul Islam. "Injection-molded natural fiber-reinforced polymer composites–a review." International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering 16 (2021): 1-21
- Kerkstra R., S. Brammer. Injection molding (2018).
- Liang, Guodong. (2022). CAE Optimization Analysis and Design of Injection Mold Cooling System for Digital Camera Battery Cover,10.3233/ATDE221045
- Kuo, Chil-Chyuan & Xu, Yu-Xin. (2022). A simple method of improving warpage and cooling time of injection molded parts simultaneously. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 122. 10.1007/s00170-022-09925-3.
- https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/me ch-eng-ressource-center/cae-analyst/assets/fy17-mold-engineer-11- factors-mold-cooling-ebook-en.pdf
- Macedo, Cláudia & Freitas, Cláudia & Brito, Antonio & Santos, Gilberto & Faria, Luis & Laranjeira, Jorge & Simoes, Ricardo. (2019). Influence of dynamic temperature control on the injection molding process of plastic components. Procedia Manufacturing. 38. 1338-1346. 10.1016/j.promfg.2020.01.155.