Simulation phase-structure transformations in alloy steels for the piersing tools
- 1 Department of Metals Heat Treatment For Machines Building Iron and Steel Institute of Z.I. Nekrasov, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine
In this work are presented the development of simulation metods of analysis the phase-structural transformations and properties in alloy steels. The analytical dependencies of this simulation were applied to the calculation of ferritic, pearlitic and bainitic transformations in carbon and alloy steels. To calculate the amount of martensite, the authors used a new equation that has been successfully used in others works too. Based on the developed regression model, isothermal and structural diagrams for 20CrNi4V and 25Cr2Mo1V steels have been constructed. The analysis is performed of the aerial quenching of tools from alloy steels 20CrNi4V and 25Cr2Mo1V, according to the recommended heat treatment schedules in the tools production. For steels 20CrNi4V and 25Cr2Mo1V, it is possible to obtain a bainitic structure in a wide range of cooling rate. Corrections of heat treatment schedule were proposed.
- Buchmayr, B., Kirkaldy, J. S. Modeling of the temperature field, transformation behavior, hardness and mechanical response of low alloy steels during cooling from the austenite region, Journal of Heat Treating, 1990, 8(2), pp 127-136.
- Simsir, C., Gur, C. H. A FEM based framework for simulation of thermal treatments: Application to steel quenching, Computational Material Science, 2008, 44, pp 588-600.
- Sugianto, A., Narazaki, M., Kogawara, M. and Shirayori, A. Numerical simulation and experimental verification of carburising-quenching process of SCr420H steel helical gear, Journal of Material Processing Technology, 2009, 209(7), pp 3597-3609.
- Freborg, A. M., Li, Z. and Ferguson, B. L. Using Heat Treat Simulation to Characterize Sensitivity of Quench Hardening Response in Hot Mill Steel Work Rolls, Proceedings of the 23rd IFHTSE Congress, April 18–21, 2016, Savannah, Georgia, USA, pp 428-433.
- Hellenthal, L., Groth, C. Simulation of Residual Stresses in an Induction Hardened Roll. 23rd CADFEM Users’ Meeting, International Congress on FEM Technology with ANSYS CFX & ICEM CFD Conference, November 9-11, 2005, Bonn, Germany.
- Liu, Z. H. et al. Numerical simulation of spray quenching heat-treatment process of backup roll. Advanced Materials Research, 2014, Vols. 850-851, pp 257-261.
- Krot, P. V., Bobyr, S. V. and Dedik, M. A. Simulation of backup rolls quenching with experimental study of deep cryogenic treatment. Int. Journal of Microstructure and Materials Properties, 2017, Vol. 12, No. 3/4, pp 259-275.
- Bobyr, S. V., Bolshakov, V. Y. Modeli i kharakteristiki preryvistogo prevrashcheniya austenita v zhelezouglerodistykh splavakh Uspekhy fyzyky metallov. Vol. 15, No 3:123, 2014 (in Russian).
- Bobyr, S. V., Bolshakov, V. I., Sharfnadel, S.A. Analysis of the eutectoid transformation into carbon steel on the basis of positions of non-equilibrium thermodynamics. Material science. Nonequilibrium phase transformations. Sofia, Bulgaria, Issue 4, pp 30 (2016).