In this paper we present the results of atomic force microscopy (AFM) characterization of the surface morphology of the nanostructured titanium oxide films featuring with Sm2O3 by the sol-gel method in order to increase the corrosion resistance of stainless steel. Two types of titanium precursors were applied – titanium (IV) isopropoxide Ti[OCH(CH3)2]4 and titanium(IV) butoxide Ti(OCH2CH2CH2CH3)4.
- M. Zaharescu, M. Crisan & I. Muševič, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 13, 769 (1998)
- D.C. Bradley, R.C. Mehrotra, and D.P. Gaur, Metal Alkoxides (Academic Press, London, 1978)
- J. Livage, M. Henry, and C. Sanchez, Progr. Solid State Chem. 18, 259 (1988)
- B. Samuneva, V. Kozhukharov, C. Trapalis, C. et al. J Mater Sci,, 28, 2353–2360 (1993).
- M.Kwoka, L.Ottaviano, J.Szuber, Thin Solid Films, Volume 515, Issue 23, 14, 8328 (2007)