Due to force majeure circumstances, new researches of marls from the Alexandra deposit to the village of Lovets (Shumen region) were carried out to replace the marls from the village Svetlen (Targovishte region), which are part of a plastic mass for the production of large, fine-ceramic parts (yellow paving stones) from peturgical phases. Marls are characterized in terms of mineral and chemical composition. Their properties, characterizing them as a ceramic raw material, have been determined. Three test masses with a chemical composition similar to the one with the participation of marls from the village of Svetlen were developed. The test specimens are characterized in terms of sintering and strength characteristics. It has been established that the marls can be used to repla ce the marl from the village Svetlen in the composition of the plastic fine-ceramic masses for the production of yellow pavers.
- Gerasimov, E., Bachvarov, S., at al, “Technology of ceramic products and materials”, 2003, Sarasvati, Handbook, ISBN 954-9841-15-4.
- Berger, I. at al, “Freiformen und freidrehen, Handbuch der keramik, Gruppe ID2.7. Freburg.V. Schmid, 1991.
- Bachvarov. S., at al, “Guide for laboratory experiments on the silicate technology”, Handbook, pp159-192.
- Lipinski, F. Das Keramische Laboratorium, Verlang Knapp, Halle (Saale), 1969.
- Callister, William D., D. G. Rethwish., Materials Science and