During the radial deformation of contouring tool, its active diameter is getting smaller than the initial one, and the cutting depth is becoming lower than planned. Thus, the diametrical size of the machined hole is always smaller than contouring tool, by value of the elastic radial deformation. In this regard, in the manufacture of contouring tool, it is necessary to make appropriate adjustments in the diametrical size of its cutting edge, depending on its elastic radial deformation.
The paper dwells on the thermo-elastic problem of calculating contouring tool for the purpose of determining the actuating diametrical size of its cutting edge, and for determining the area of the application of tool material. Solving of non-dimensional non-stationary problem is carried out by method of finite differences. At each time step, the system of algebraic equations is solved by iterative method.
There have been obtained the results for the temperature field and displacement components.
- Sozinov A.I., Strazhkov A.N.. Improving the efficiency of roughing machining of work-pieces from titanium alloys. M.: MEATALLURGIA publishers, 1990, 206 p.
- Loladze T.N.. Strength and durability of the cutting tools. M.: MASHINOSTROYENIE publishers, 1982, 320 p.
- Kikvidze O., Sakhanberidze N.: The stress-strain state of the annular cutting tool in machining the openings. Science and Technology. Monthly scientific peer-riviewed journal of the national Academy of Sciences of Georgia, No 10-12, 2009. p. 60- 64.
- Nowacki W. Theory of elasticity. - M.: MIR. 1975.-872 p.
- Turchak L.I.. Fundamentals of numerical methods. M.: NAUKA publishers, 1987.-317 p.