In this paper, we design and simulate a 20 kW solar on grid power charging unit for electric vehicles at Al-Hussein Bin Talal University (AHU)/Maan-Jordan by using a Bluesol 3.0, Sketch Up 2018 software.
Two scenarios are considered; one where number of vehicles is five in the interval (8 am – 12 pm) & five vehicles in the interval (12 pm – 4 pm) and time of charge half of battery capacity four hours and the second scenarios where number of vehicles is eight in the interval (8 am – 12 pm) & eight vehicles in the interval (12 pm – 4 pm) and time of charge half of battery capacity four hours. We conclude that the system is efficient and very useful to the electric vehicles users in the university. In addition, the system is reducing the CO2 emissions annually from generating power by 28.4 tons of CO2.
- Hani A. AL-Rawashdeh, Ahmad O. Hasan, Riad A., Ahmad. Evaluation the Wind Turbines Farm in the Town of Tafila / Jordan. International Journal of Development Research, 2018, 6(2), pp. 23218-23224.
- Abdul Rauf B, Zainal S., Photovoltaic (PV) Charging of Electric Vehicle (EV). Electrical Engineering Research Colloquium for Electronics, Power, Instrumentation & Control and Communication (EERC-2013), pp. 102-103.
- Jessica R, Gary B, Wendy G, Chad J, Larry E., Business Models for Solar Powered Charging Stations to Develop Infrastructure for Electric Vehicles. Sustainability, 2014, 6, pp. 7358-7387.
- Sergio V, V., Carolina S, B., and Demetrio L, S., Feasibility of Recharging Electric Vehicles with Photovoltaic Solar Panels. Energy Science and Technology, 2013, 8(10), pp. 24-30.
- Abdul Rauf B, Zainal S, Mohd J, Kong Y., A Comprehensive Overview of Electric Vehicle Charging using Renewable Energy. International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive System, 2016; 7(1), pp. 114-123.
- Latha M, Stafford M, Apoorva K, S., Pooja S, K., Prafulla P, S., Sharvani B C., Electric Vehicle Charging Method for Automobiles Using Photovoltaic Cells. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology, 2014; 3(11), pp. 128-132.
- http://elib.dlr.de/98977/1/SolarPACES15_enerMENAposter_final. pdf