Causes of wear particles formation on railway wheels tread were investigated. Structural factors connecting with plastic deformation, formation of “white layer”, and also with non-metallic inclusions and corrosive products of wheel steel, defining wear of railway wheels tread during operation were fixed. Repeating heat-mechanical action on railway wheel tread by interaction between wheel and rail promotes incandescence of stresses and defects (microcracks, separations) that promote wear particles formation having different shape, source and mechanism of nucleation. Results of analysis of microcracks, spalles and wear particles and also of mechanisms of their formation was shown that wear of railway wheel tread is very composite phenomenon. It passes by few mechanisms (fatigue, adsorbtional, corrosive, under friction) and is multifactors process.
- Taran Yu.N., Esaulov V.P., Gubenko S.I. Structural changes in the rims of railway wheels with a different profile of the tread. News of universities. Ferrous metallurgy, - 1989. - N 9. - p. 101- 105.
- Taran Y.N., Esaulov V.P., Gubenko S.I. Increase of wearresistanceof railway wheels with different profile of tread. Metallurgical and Minning Industry. - 2000. – N 2. - р. 42-44.
- Vorobiov A.A., Gubenko S.I., Ivanov I.A., and etc. Resource and maintainability of wheel sets of rolling stock of railways. - Moskow: INFRA-M, 2011. - 264p.
- Sladkovsky A., Yessaulov V., Gubenko S., Shmurygin N., Taran Y. An Analysis of Stress and Strain in Freight Car Wheels. Computational Methods And Experimental Measurements VIII. Materials of International Conference. Oxford-Rodos. - 1997. - p. 15-24.
- Y. Taran, V. Yessaulov, A. Sladkovsky, S. Gubenko, A. Kozlovsky. Wear Reduction on Working Surface of Railway Wheels. Boundary Element Technology – XIII. Computational Methods and Testing for Engineering Integrity. SouthamptonBoston, WIT-press. – 1999. - p.693-701.
- Yu.Taran, V.Esaulov, S.Gubenko, A.Kozlovsky, M.Staroseletsky. Peculiarities of plastic deformation and microdestruction in wheel steel. Proceedings of XIII International Wheelset Congress, Italy, Rome, sept.17-21. – 2001. - p. 236- 241.
- Marchenko E.A. On the nature of the wear of metal surfaces in friction. - Moskow: Nauka, 1979. - 118p.
- Suh N.P. The Delamination Theory of Wear. Wear, 1973. - v. 23. - N 1, p. 111 – 124.
- S.Gubenko, Yu.Proidak, A.Kozlovsky, O.Shramko, M.Iskov. Influence of Nonmetallic Inclusions on Microbreaks Formation in Wheel Steel and Railway Wheels. Transport Problems, 2008. - v. 3. - N 3. - p. 77-81.
- Gubenko S. Influence of Nonmetallic Inclusions on Microbreaks Formation in Wheel Steel and Railway Wheels / Gubenko S., Proidak Y., Kozlovsky A., Shramko A., Iskov M. // Materials of VIII Scientific Conference “Telematics, Logistics and Transport Safety” TLTS’08, Poland, Katowice-Cieszyn, 2008. - oct 16-18.
- Lihtman V.I., Zchukin E.D., Pebinder P.A. Physico-chemical mechanics of materials. - Moskow: Academy of Science of the USSR, 1962. - 303p.
- Gubenko S.I., Oshkadepov S.P. Non-metallic inclusions in steel. – Kiev: Naukova dumka, 2016. - 528 p.
- Gubenko S.I. Non-metallic inclusions and strength of steel. – Saarbrücken: LAP LAMBERT. Palmarium academic publishing, 2015. - 476 p.
- Belchenko G.I., Gubenko S.I. Microheterogeneous deformation of steel containing non-metallic inclusions. Izvestija AN SSSR. Metalli - News of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Metals, 1981. - N 4. – p. 94-97.
- Usherenko S.M., Gubenko S.I., Nozdrin V.F. Changes in the structure of iron and steel during the ultra-deep introduction of high-speed particles - Metals, 1991. – N 1. - p. 124-125.
- Gubenko S.I., Galkin A.M. On the nature of the red brittleness of steel. Metal science and heat treatment of metals. - 1984. - № 10. - С.11-15.
- Gubenko S.I. Possibilities of transformation of non-metallic inclusions and interphase inclusion-matrix boundaries under high-energy treatments. Metal Physics, New Technologies, 2014. - v. 36. - N 3. - p. 287-315