Some wheel steels inclined for the self-quenching on bainite structure were produced and investigated after hot deformation and heat strengthening. Steels contained 0,12…0,45% of carbon, and also Si, Mn, Mo, Cr, Ni, V, Ti, Al. Steels with bainite structure after hot deformation and tempering were investigated. It was shown the possibility of the railway wheels production with bainite structure and hardness of 400HB without heat strengthening treatment. The results of investigation shown the possibility of railway wheels production with bainite structure, hardness of 400 HB and high complex of the mechanical and operating properties without heat strengthening treatment. These tasks solved owning to application of new wheel steels and up-to-date technology.
- Gubenko S.I. Some structural aspects of wheel steel that determine the quality of railway wheels. Modern technologies for the production of transport metal. - Russia, Nizhny Tagil: NMTK, 2008, 394 р. (рр. 88-113).
- Taran Yu., Esaulov V., Gubenko S., Kozlovsky A., Staroseletsky M.Peculiarities of plastic deformation and microdestruction in wheel steel. Proceedings of XIII International Wheelset Congress, Italy, Rome, sept.17-21, 2001, рp. 236-241.
- Sladkowski A., Gubenko S., Pogorelov D., Iwnicki S., Licciardello R.V. Rail vehicle dynamics and associated problems: monograph. – Gliwice: Silesian University of Technology, 2005, 187 р.
- Gubenko S.I. Physics of steel fracture near non-metallic inclusions. – Dnepropetrovsk: NMetAU, Information Technology Systems Technologies, 2014, 301 p
- Gubenko S.I. Non-metallic inclusions and ductility of steels. The physical basis of the ductility of steels. - Saarbrücken: LAP LAMBERT. Palmarium academic publishing, 2016, 549 p.
- Kushner V.S., Kutko A.A., Vorobev A.A., Gubenko S.I., Ivanov I.A. The effect of the structure and mechanical characteristics of wheel steels on wear and restoration modes of the wheelset profile. - Omsk: OmSTU, 2015, 221 р.
- Belchenko G.I., Gubenko S.I. Deformation of non-metallic inclusions during steel rolling. News of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Metals, 1983, № 4, pp. 80-84.
- Gubenko S.I., Ivanov I.A., Sobolev A.A. Proceedings of St. Petersburg University of Railway Transport. - St. Petersburg: Publishing House of State University of Railway Transport, 2013, рр. 73-84.
- Gubenko S.I., Pinchuk S.I., Belaya E.V. The influence of the structural state of wheel steel on the development of corrosion. Metallurgical and mining industry, 2009, № 2, рр. 69-73.
- Gubenko S.I., Pinchuk S.I., Belaya E.V. Study of the influence of non-metallic inclusions on the corrosion behavior of wheel steel, 2011, №7, рр.70-74.
- Gubenko S.I., Pinchuk S.I., Belaya E.V. Investigation of non-metallic inclusion effect on corrosion behavior of wheel steel. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, 2011, № 3 (2), рр. 63-66.
- Pinchuk S., Gubenko S., Belaya E. Correlation between electrochemical corrosion and structural state of steel by simulation of operation conditions of railway wheels. Chemistry & Chemical Technology, 2010, № 4 (2), рр. 151-158.
- Gubenko S.I., Ivanov I.A., Kononov D.P. The effect of steel quality on the fatigue strength of seamless-rolled wheels. Factory Laboratory. Diagnostics of materials, 2018, v. 84, №3, pp. 51-60.
- Gubenko S., Proidak Yu. Investigation of wear mechanism of tread during operation of railway wheels. Transport problems, 2012, № 7, pр. 119-125.
- Taran Y.N., Esaulov V.P., Gubenko S.I. Increase of wear-resistance of railway wheels with different profile of tread. Metallurgical and Minning Industry, 2000, N 2, pр. 42-44.
- Gubenko S.I., Pinchuk S.I., Belaya E.V. System study of wear mechanism of railway wheel tread surface. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, 2010, № 2 (1), pр. 51-56.
- Taran Y., Yessaulov V., Sladkovsky A., Gubenko S., Kozlovsky A. Wear Reduction on Working Surface of Railway Wheels. Boundary Element Technology – XIII. Computational Methods and Testing for Engineering Integrity. Southampton- Boston: WIT-press, 1999, pp.693-701.
- Gubenko S., Proidak Yu., Kozlovsky A., Shramko A., Iskov M. Influence of Nonmetallic Inclusions on Microbreaks Formation in Wheel Steel and Railway Wheels. Transport Problems, 2008, v. 3, N 3, pp. 77-81.
- Gubenko S. I. Influence of Nonmetallic Inclusions and Corrosion Products on the Wear Resistance of Railroad Wheels. Steel in Translation, 2019, v. 49, No. 6, pp. 427–431.
- Gubenko S. Proidak Y., Kozlovsky A., Shramko A., Iskov M. Influence of Nonmetallic Inclusions on Microbreaks Formation in Wheel Steel and Railway Wheels. Materials of VIII Scientific Conference “Telematics, Logistics and Transport Safety” TLTS’08, Poland, Katowice-Cieszyn, 2008. - oct 16-18.
- Gubenko S.I., Pinchuk S.I., Belaya E.V. The influence of plastic deformation in the surface layer of the rim on the mechanism of wear of railway wheels during operation. Metallurgical and mining industry, 2009, № 6, pp. 72-74.
- Sladkovsky A., Yessaulov V., Gubenko S., Shmurygin N., Taran Y. An Analysis of Stress and Strain in Freight Car Wheels. Computational Methods And Experimental Measurements VIII. Materials of International Conference. Oxford-Rodos, 1997, pp. 15- 24.
- Bhadeshia H.K.D.H. Bainite in Steels. London: Institute of Materials. 1992, 468 p.
- Cassidy P.D. A new wheel material for the new century. Proceedings of XIII International Wheelset Congress, Italy, Rome, sept.17-21, 2001.