Modern vehicle braking systems mainly are based on deceleration of vehicle and tire slip control. Trends in improving vehicle braking performance give rise to a large variety of braking systems and control strategies. An anti -lock braking system is an electronic braking process control system, which greatly increases the ability of the driver and vehicle to avoid road accidents even during difficult braking conditions or circumstances. The load (number of passengers in the vehicle) which is transmitted to the road surface through the vehicle tires is an issue which directly affects the braking efficiency of the vehicle during stopping. The braking efficiency also depends on
the material of the road surface, climatic condition, road condition, vehicle speeds and tire condition.
The purpose of this paper is investigation the impact of the number of passengers in the vehicle during the braking process, respectively to determine the performance of the braking of vehicles equipped with modern mechatronic braking systems such as: Antilock Braking System, Electronic Braking System, Emergency Brake System and Electronic Brake-force Distribution System.
The braking performance of the vehicle was determined experimentally through the XL Meter device which was fixed on the windshield of the VW Polo vehicle. The tests were performed on asphalt roads for different speeds of 40, 60 and 80 km/h. The determination of the center of gravity of the vehicle and the reaction forces in the front and rear axles was performed through the devices in the Motor Vehicle Laboratory of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and the developed mathematical model for calculating static and dynamic reactions forces for the respective axes. The obtained results will help the traffic experts in the analysis of road accidents.
- Shpetim Lajqi, Stansilav Pehan. Designs and Optimizations of Active and Semi-Active Non-linear Suspension Systems for a Terrain Vehicle. Strojniški vestnik - Journal of Mechanical Engineering, pp. 732-743, 58(12), 2012.
- Sh. Lajqi, J. Gugler, N. Lajqi, A. Shala, R. Lika. Possible Experimental Method to Determine the Suspension Parameters in a Simplified Model of a Passenger Car. International Journal of Automotive Technology, pp. 615-621, 13(4), 2012,
- Shpetim Lajqi. Mechatronic of Vehicle. Dispense for students. University of Prishtina, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prishtina, 2020.
- Agron Syla. Examination of Advanced braking systems of the vehicles and their effectiveness on the braking. Master Thesis. University of Prishtina “HASAN PRISHTINA”, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prishtina, 2020.
- Heset Cakolli. Methods for calculation of motor vehicles. Dispense for students. University of Prishtina, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prishtina, 2015.
- Naser Lajqi. Exploitation and Maintenance of Vehicle. Dispense for students. University of Prishtina, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prishtina, 2010.
- XL Meter ™ Gamma Pro / http://www.nehodar.cz/docs/xlmdatasheet.pdf (access 15.01.2021).
- Ramadan Mazrekaj, Naser Lajqi, Egzon Tofaj. Influence of Tires Age on Vehicle's Braking Performance: a Case Study. International Review of Mechanical Engineering, Volume 14, No 10 (2020), pp. 646-657, DOI: https://doi.org/10.15866/ireme.v14i10.20235.
- Ramadan Mazrekaj, Shpetim Lajqi, Fevzi Mema, Naser Lajqi. The Influence of the Vehicle Shock Absorber Wearing on the Performance of the Braking System – A Case Study. International Journal on Engineering Applications, Volume 9, No 3 (2021), pp. 137-147, DOI: https://doi.org/10.15866/irea.v9i3.20493