In the Republic of Kosovo, the unemployment rate has an increasing trend, the average monthly income is still low, which makes it impossible to buy a new vehicle, so they are forced to buy vehicles imported from European countries, which have a h igh rate of amortization.
Citizens who own used vehicles are obliged to perform services that cost less by avoiding quality equipment and replacing them with non-know manufactures for spare parts which cost cheaper compared to manufacturers of well-known and guaranteed brands. The use of such spare parts is directly affecting the increase in the number of accidents in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo. In this paper is study the efficiency of brake pads from different manufacturers – brands in the term of the braking system in passenger vehicles such as: braking time, maximum deceleration and braking distance. The tests were done with used vehicles equipped with the ABS system, on roads with dry asphalt. The used tires are from radial construction with summer characteristics. Depending on the treated methodology, the adequate equipment such as Xl meter, video cameras and meter are used. The obtained results through the decelerometer device (Xl meter) for deceleration of the vehicle and other indicators of the efficiency of the braking system has done with the case of emergency braking. Prior to each test, the predicted used vehicle has performed also technical inspection of the vehicle braking system in the Licensed Centers for technical inspection of the vehicle.
- N. Lajqi. Exploitation and Maintenance of Vehicle. Dispense for students. University of Prishtina, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prishtina, 2010.
- H. Cakolli. Motor Vehicles. University of Prishtina, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prishtina, 2013.
- A. Rama. Influence of different kind of brake pads as braking system performance. Master Thesis. University of Prishtina “HASAN PRISHTINA”, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prishtina, 2018.
- R. Mazrekaj, N. Lajqi, E. Tofaj. Influence of Tires Age on Vehicle's Braking Performance: a Case Study. International Review of Mechanical Engineering, Volume 14, No 10 (2020), pp. 646-657, DOI: https://doi.org/10.15866/ireme.v14i10.20235.
- Shpetim Lajqi, Stansilav Pehan. Designs and Optimizations of Active and Semi-Active Non-linear Suspension Systems for a Terrain Vehicle. Strojniški vestnik - Journal of Mechanical Engineering, pp. 732-743, 58(12), 2012.
- XL Meter ™ Gamma Pro / http://www.nehodar.cz/docs/xlmdatasheet.pdf (access 15.01.2021).
- P. Nawangsari, J.Jamasri, H. Santoso, B. Rochardj), A. T. Waskito, BaSO4-Friction Dust Filler Improves Friction Characteristic in Non- Asbestos Brake Pad Composite, Vol 13, No 9 (2019), DOI: https://doi.org/10.15866/ireme.v13i9.17669
- Sh. Lajqi, J. Gugler, N. Lajqi, A. Shala, R. Lika. Possible Experimental Method to Determine the Suspension Parameters in a Simplified Model of a Passenger Car. International Journal of Automotive Technology, pp. 615-621, 13(4), 2012,
- E. Tofaj. Analysis of Impact of Tyres’ Age in Relation to Parameters if Braking System. Master Thesis. University of Prishtina “HASAN PRISHTINA”, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prishtina, 2018.
- T. Tang, K. Anupam, C. Kasbergen, A. Scarpas, Study of Influence of Operating Parameters on Braking Distance. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2641, 2017, pp. 139–148. http://dx.doi.org/10.3141/2641-16
- A.M. Ribeiro, A. Moutinho, A.R. Fioravanti, Estimation of Tire-Road Friction for Road Vehicles: a Time Delay Neural Network Approach, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, Ar XIV: 1908.00452V2[cs.NE], 14 Nov. 2019.
- L. Jayakumar, K. Balamurugan, C. Ezilarasan, Wear and Friction Behaviour of 7075Al-25 SiC Particle Composites Sliding Against Automobile Friction Material, Vol 8, No 1 (2014), International Review of Mechanical Engineering IREME.
- Poul Greibe. Braking distance, friction and behaviour. Traffic. July 2007, Denmark.