Abrasive wear of aluminum alloys produced without and with foaming
- 1 Institute of Metalscience, Equipment and Technologies with Center of Hydro- and Aerodynamics "Acad. A. Balevski" - Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 Technical University - Sofia
A methodology has been developed for obtaining of porous castings from Al and aluminum A356 alloy. The methodology includes introduction of Ca into the melt for viscosity increasing and homogenization by mechanical stirring. This is followed by addition of TiH2, homogenization, subsequent formation of the porous structure and crystallization. Tests were carried out on specimens of the castings involving abrasive wearing under dry friction conditions on a surface with hard-attached abrasive particles.
- Velikov A., B. Krastev, R. Dimitrova, V. Petkov, S. Stanev, V. Manolov. Development of technology for obtaining of porous castings from aluminum and aluminum A356 alloy. V, 2/12, VI INTERNAZIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE – WINTER SESSION INDUSTRY 4.0. V, Volume 2/12, 2021, ISSN: ISSN
- (Print) -2535-0153, ISSN (Online)-2535-0161, 178- 180.
- Bhavik Ajaykumar Mehta. Mechanical and Tribological Properties of Aluminium Matrix Syntactic Foams Manufactured with Recycled Aluminium Smelter Waste .University of Liverpool for the Degree of Doctor in Philosophy. June 2020.
- Prakash Manoharan, Milon Dennison, Karuppasamy Ramasamy, Balakumar. Wear Test on Aluminum Foam Prepared from Aluminum (LM0) as Base Metal and Dolomite (CaMg (Co3)2) as Foaming Agent, Coimbatore-641021, INDIA. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology.March 2018.