The paper presents the design and construction process of a series of four multipurpose ships for SME shipyard with some restrictions in production facilities. This process is based on software that is available free or the some tasks could be subcontracted by SME. The main dimensions are optimized by the system “Expert” and hull forms are generated by PolyCAD. Due to the restriction in the production facilities the ships are with the same breadth and for additional unification the depth is also equal. Three different hull structure topologies are evaluated by MARS2000 software and modeled by AVEVA Marine design software. The analysis includes evaluation of manhours for construction of parallel mid-body of the all variants. The analysis takes into account the restricted preassembly space and human recourse, lifting capacity of building crane, geometry of building slipway etc. Some conclusions for labor intensity and inf luence of series function are made based on the presented data.
- Atanasova, I.; Damyanliev, T. P.; Georgiev, P.; Garbatov, Y. Analysis of SME ship repair yard capacity in building new ships. In Progress in maritime technology and engineering; Guedes Soares, C. &. S. T. A. (. )., Ed.; Taylor & Francis Group: London, 2018; pp 431-438.
- Denev, Y.; Georgiev, P.; Garbatov, Y. Analysis of multipurpose ship performance accounting for SME shipyard building limitations. In Progress in maritime technology and engineering; Soares, G., Santos, Eds.; Taylor & Francis Group: London, 2018; pp 165-171.
- Denev, Y.; Georgiev, P. Analysis of the impact of the unified main dimensions on the productivity of shipbuilding SME. Fifteenth International Conference on Marine Sciences and Technologies - Black Sea 2020, Varna, 2020; p 191 – 199.
- Damyanliev, T. P.; Georgiev, P.; Garbatov, Y. Conceptual ship design framework for designing new commercial ships. In Progress in the Analysis and Design of Marine Structures; Soares, G., Garbatov, Eds.; Taylor & Francis: London, 2017; pp 183-191.
- BV. Part B- Hull and Stability. In Rules for the Classiciation on Steel Ships; BV, 2020.
- Pires Jr, F.; Lamb, T.; Souza, C. Shipbuilding performance benchmarking. Int. J. Business Performance Management 2009, 11 (3), 216-235.