TRANSPORT TECHNICS. INVESTIGATION OF ELEMENTS. RELIABILITY
Optimal length of a railway curve for a given design speed
- 1 University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Railways dept.
The majority of railway projects in our country aim at the maximum utilization of existing railway infrastructure, increase of the operation parameters, frequently at the condition of achieving interoperability. Increasing permissible speeds of trains invariably requires increasing the radii and lengths of curves. However, at small delta angles the use of the minimum design speed radius gives suboptimal results in terms of the total length of the curve. The report presents a parametric method for optimizing the railway curves at small delta angles in view of the necessity of achieving higher speeds on existing lines.
- Ordinance № 55 of 29 January 2004 On the des ign and construction of railway lines, railway stations, level crossings and other elements of railway infrastructure, Ministry of Transport
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 1299/2014 of 18 November 2014 on the technical specifications for interoperab ility relating to the „infrastructure‟ subsystem of the rail system in the European Union
- Order №601/21.03.2018г. of the General Director of the NRIC
- Iwnicki s., Spiryagin M., Cole C. Mcsweeney T. “Handbook of railway vehic le dynamics, second edition”, CRC PRESS, 2019
- Instruction for construction and maintenance of the superstructure of the railway and railway switches, NRIC, Sofia, 2018
- Todorov S. „Design and construction of railways“ , Sofia, 2006