Soil water retention and soil compaction are very important factors in the plant production and environment protection. The field investigations of the variation of soil moisture and soil density of Luvisol loamy sand in arable layer and in hard pen during sugar beet growing season in conventional tillage with implementation of mineral and organic fertilization were realised. In the growing season the soil moisture extremely fluctuates in the range from 4 to 18%. At the same time, it causes fluctuations of soil density, which totally decreases in time. Starting from June one can observe that the natural changes of the soil moisture cause contrary changes of soil density. Mostly, the soil moisture and soil density variation during growing season are similar in ruts and at the field besides the ruts. Generally, the organic fertilization increases the soil retention to about 4 % in arable layer and profitable enhance the loosened action of water.
- Soane B.D., Van Ouverkerk C. Soil Compaction in Crop Production. Elsevier, Amsterdam, London, New York, Tokyo, 1994.
- Hamza M.A., Anderson W.K. Soil compaction in cropping systems. A review of the nature, causes and possible solutions. Soil & Tillage Research, 82, 2005, 121–145.
- Oskoui K. E., Voorhees W. B. Economic consequences of soil compaction. Transactions of the ASAE, 34, 6, 1991, 2317-2323.
- Mordhorst A., Peth S., Horn R. Influence of mechanical loading on static and dynamic C02 efflux on differently textured and managed Luvisol. Geoderma, 219-220, 2014, 1-13.
- Afzalina S., Zabihi J. Soil compaction variation during corn growing season under conservation tillage. Soil & Tillage Research, 137, 2014, 1-6.
- Rząsa S., Owczarzak W. Struktura gleb mineralnych. Wydawnictwo Akademii Rolniczej im. Augusta Cieszkowskiego w Poznaniu, Poznań, 2004.
- Chen X., Ding Q., Błaszkiewicz Z., et. al. Phenotyping for the dynamics of field wheat root system architecture. Nature. Scientific Reports 7:37649, 2017, 1 – 11.
- Uga Y., Sugimoto K., Ogawa S., et. al. Control of root system architecture by DEEPER ROOTING1 increases rice yield under drought conditions. Nat. Genet. 45, 2013, 1097-1102.
- Armengaud P., Zambaux K., Hills A., et al. EZ-Rhizo: integrated software for the fast and accurate measurement of root system architecture. Plant J., 57, 2009, 945-956.
- Bell D.L., Sultan S.E. Dynamic phenotypic plasticity for root growth in Polygonum: a comparative study. Americ. J. Bot., 86(6), 1999, 807-819.
- Błaszkiewicz Z. Identification and quantification of selected factors determining soil compression by tractors of various weights with single wheels and dual wheels. Journal of Research and Applications in Agricultural Engineering, Vol. 64(1), 2019, 4-12.
- Boizard H., Richard M., Branmcourt-Hulmel M., et al. Effect of cropping systems on change in bulk density, penetration resistance and hydraulic conductivity in subsoil. In: Subsoil compaction, Advances in Geoecology 32, 2000, 233-240.
- IUSS Working Group WRB. World Reference Base for Soil Resources. International soil classification system for naming soils and creating legends for soil maps. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, 2015.