There are three key moments for the development of security and defense globally: First is dynamics of events in the new security environment, second is the importance of so-called “Events leading to change” in the environment and third is the degree of ability of the Parties to anticipate certain situations related to security challenges.
The need for a strategic reconsideration of the security environment and for EU-NATO interaction calls for consideration of the challenges and problems facing the CSDP and the Alliance to improve their joint security work.
- Transatlantic trends: Leaders 2011 Partners GMF and Compagnia di San Paolo, Topline Data 2011; Q 23
- "TNS Opinion" between 25 May and 17 June 2011 in the US, Turkey and 12 European countries: Bulgaria, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom
- Faleg, G. and A. Giovannini. The EU between Pooling & Sharing and Smart Defence, Making a virtue of necessity?. CEPS’s special report. May, 2012
- Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament ‘Financing of civil crisis management operations’. Brussels, 28 November, 2001. COM(2001)647 final
- Rasmussen, A. Building security in an age of austerity. Кeynote speech. Munich Security Conference. 4 February, 2011 http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/opinions_70400.htm
- Brok, E. European security and defence: From common interests to a common identity. The path to European defence, new roads, new horizons. John Harper Publishing, 2009. p. 48
- Transatlantic trends: Leaders 2011 Partners GMF and Compagnia di San Paolo, Topline Data 2011; Q 60
- European Security Strategy: Questions and Answers, Strasbourg, 28 April 2015
- Everts, S. Unilateral America, Lightweight Europe? Centre for European Reform Working paper. February 2001 <http://www.cer.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/attachments/pdf/2011/cerwp9-2788.pdf>
- Brok, E. Parliamentary Control over European Security Policy. The European Union and Security Sector Reform, edited by David Spence, Philipp Fluri. John Harper Publishing. January 29, 2008. p. 141-150
- European Commission COM (2017) 315 of 7 June 2017, Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat, 200 1040 Bruxelles / Brussels