The perception, awareness and understanding of risk by the population are important factors for the society safety, which contribute to increasing the preparedness of the population for the effects of crisis events, whether natural, industrial, economic, social, or in enterprise. The article focuses on the analysis of the need for education of students in the area of risk management and crisis management. The research groups were only students, not the population in general. The results were achieved by analysing the current state of education at the Faculty of Security Engineering – University of Žilina and a partial statistical evaluation of the questionnaire survey among students of this faculty. The results indicate that the risk perception of students is relatively low and the need for education in this field is justified.
- Šimák, L. „Krízový manaţment vo verejnej správe“, [Crisis Management in Public Administration]. Ţilina, EDIS, 2016.
- Luskova, M. Buganova, K., 2011. The Importance of Effective Risk Management System in the Slovak Enterprises. In: WMSCI 2011: 15TH WORLD MULTI-CONFERENCE ON SYSTEMICS, CYBERNETICS AND INFORMATICS, VOL II. Int Inst Informat & Syst. 2011. p. 284–289. ISBN 978-1-936338-30-6.
- Holla, K., Mitasova, V., Pavlenko, T. Risk assessment model verification in hazardous industrial processes. 12th International scientific conference of young scientists on sustainable, modern and safe transport. Vol. 192, p. 324-329, 2017.
- Act of the National Council of the Slovak Republic No. 42/1994 Coll. on Civil Protection.
- UNISDR, Sendai Framework, Geneva: UN, 2015.
- Shapira, S. Aharonson-Daniel, L., Bar-Dayan, Y. Anticipated behavioral response patterns to an earthquake: The role of personal and household characteristics, risk perception, previous experience and preparedness In: International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. Vol. 31, pp. 1–8, 2018.
- Communication from the commission to the European parliament, the council, the European economic and social committee and the committee of the regions on a renewed EU agenda for higher education. Accessed on 27/10/2019, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalontent/EN/ TXT/?qid=1500025237385&uri=CELEX:52017DC0247
- Faculty of Security Engineering University of Zilina, Accessed on 10/10/2019, Available at:http://fbi.uniza.sk/
- Hudáková, M., Buganová, K., Dvorský, J. Increasing integration of practical activities to the higher education in the risk management in Slovakia”. in 10th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI 2017), Seville/ Spain: IATED Academy, pp. 996- 1003, 2017.
- Lovecek, T., Ristvej, J., Sventekova, E. Siser, A., Veľas, A. Currently Required Competencies of Crisis and Security Managers and New Tool for Their Acquirement, Proceedings of 3nd International Conference on Management Innovation and Business Innovation, Manila/Philippines, vol. 58, pp. 3-8, 2016.
- Appleby-Arnold, S., Brockdorff, N., Jakovljev, I., Zdravković, S. Applying cultural values to encourage disaster preparedness: Lessons from a low-hazard country In: International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. Vol. 31, pp. 37–44, 2018.
- Bird, D. K., Gísladóttir, G., Dominey-Howes, D. Different communities, different perspectives: issues affecting residents’ response to a volcanic eruption in southern Iceland. In: Bull Volcanol. Vol. 73, pp.1209–1227, 2011, DOI 10.1007/s00445-011-0464-1.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Climate Change 2014. Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Part B: Regional Aspects. Cambridge University Press. New York
- European Commission. Directorate-general for european civil protection and humanitarian aid operations. Regional cooperation in the field of civil protection within the union. The EU overview of risks. p.10. 2019.
- O’connor, A. et al., Final Report, Part A, RAIN Project - Risk Analysis of Infrastructure Networks in Response to Extreme Weather. Applied Research Project 2015/2017, 2017.
- Guba-Sapir, D., Hargitt, D., Hoyois, P. Thirty years of natural disasters 1974 - 2003: The numbers. Brussel: Louvain-la- Neuve, 190 pp., 2004.
- Luskova, M., Dvorak, Z., Leitner, B. (2015). Impact of Extreme Weather Events on Land Transport Infrastructure. Transport Means 2015. Transport Means - Proceedings of the International Conference. pp. 306-309.
- Ministry of the Environment of the Slovak Republic. Stratégia adaptácie Slovenskej republiky na zmenu klímy [Adaptation strategy of the Slovak Republic to climate change]. 2018. Available at: https://www.minzp.sk/files/odbor-politiky-zmeny-klimy/strategia-adaptacie-sr-zmenu-klimy-aktualizacia.pdf#page=82&zoom=100,0,264