DOMINANT TECHNOLOGIES IN “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Investigation of hollow ceramic structures by contactless computer-tomographic nondestructive method
- 1 Institute of Metal Science, Equipment and Technologies with Hydro- and Aerodynamics Centre “Acad. A. Balevski”, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 2 Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Dept. Distributed Information and Control Systems – BAS, Sofia
This article deals with the study of the cavity of ceramic constructional elements for the construction of beehives and carriers for electric furnace heaters. Unlike the traditional practice of performing tomography studies to determine the structure and harmful defects in the interior and surface of specimens, in the present studies, the non-destructive non-contact method is used to assess the nature and volume of deliberate fulfilled cavities in ceramic specimens. The role of well-shaped and regulated cavities is to reduce the coefficient of thermal conductivity in the hives to the inside, and in the carriers for heaters to the outer walls of the furnace, i.e. heat loss. The cavity samples are obtained from an aqueous dispersed colloidal system based on patent-protected quartz glass-ceramics by the “pouring” method. The obtained structural details are fireproof, thermally stable and with high physical and mechanical characteristics. They are composed of amorphous SiO2, mullite and cristobalite. The study of the cavity at different beam depths was performed using a NIKON XTH 225 device, and the data processing Volume Graphic, My VGL.
- H. Marta, G. Roberson, M. Skente, D. Schneberk, S. Azevedo, “Computerized tomography studies of concrete samples, Nuclear instruments and Methods in Physics”, Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Volume 58, Issue 2, June (1991), pp. 216-226.
- H. Marta, D. Schneberk, G. Roberson, p. Monteiro, “Computerized Tomography Analysis of Reinforced Concrete”, Materials Journal, Volume 90, Issue 3, (1993).
- K. Orhan, Micro-computed Tomography(microct) in medicine and Engineering Springer, 2020.
- L. Liu, T. Guo, “Seismic non destructive testing and a reinforced concrete bridge column using, tomographic imagingtechniques”, Journal of Geofhysics and Enginering, volume 2, Issue I, march 2005, pp. 23-31.
- Svetlan Bachvarov at al., “Ceramic Technology”, Carasvati, Sofia, 2003.
- Kazakova S., Kamenova I., Klochkov L., Stoimenov N., Popov B., Sokolov B. Application of 3D Industrial Tomography In Dental Medicine.. International Scientific Conference “Industry 4.0”, 13-16 December 2017, Borovets, Bulgaria,, Scientific Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering Industry – 4.0, 2017, ISSN:2535-0021, 187-1