MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS
Study of the thermal and sound insulation properties of ceramic plates with cavities designed for beehives
- 1 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences , ,Institute of Metal Science, Equipment and Technologies with Hydro- and Aerodynamics Centre “Acad. A. Balevski”, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Mechanics, Sofia University “St. Kl. Ohridski”, Faculty of Physics, Sofia, Bulgaria,
- 3 Sofia University “St. Kl. Ohridski”, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia, Bulgaria
The article presents a study of the sound and thermal insulation properties of ceramic plates with cavities, designed for beehives. The plates are obtained by the “casting” method from a water-dispersed colloidal system based on a patent-protected quartz glass-ceramic. They are composed of amorphous SiO2, mullite and cristobalite. To measure the thermal conductivity, a thermal chamber is constructed with a heater installed in it. Given that the heat flow passing through the three-layer ceramic plate for beehives is constant, the temperature difference between the two opposite sides of the plate at steady state (at constant heat flow) is measured and the thermal conductivity is calculated. A two-chamber method is used to determine the sound insulation capacity of the ceramic plates for beehives. The sound pressure of the sound waves – the incident one and of the wave which has passed through the sample –is measured in the frequency range from 100 to 3150 Hz
- Lakov L., N. Stoimenov, M. Aleksandrova, Investigation of hollow ceramic structures by contactless computer-tomographic nondestructive method, International scientific journal “industry 4.0”, year VI, issue 1, p.p. 21- 24 (2021).
- Janna W S 2000 Engineering heat transfer, Second edition, CRC Press LLC, US.
- M Flori et al Using the heat flow plate method for determining thermal conductivity of building materials, IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 163 012018, 2017.
- Yesilata B and Turgut P 2007 A simple dynamic measurement technique for comparing thermal insulation performances of anisotropic building materials, Energy and Buildings 39 1027- 1034.
- Numan Yüksel, The Review of Some Commonly Used Methods and Techniques to Measure the Thermal Conductivity of Insulation Materials, Chapter 6, Insulation Materials in Context of Sustainability, http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/64157
- Fahy F., Foundations of Engineering Acoustics , Imprint: Academic Press,2000, eBook ISBN: 9780080506838
- Христев Ст., Архитектурна акустика, 2014, София (Hristev St. Architectural Acoustics, 2014, Sofia), http://www.stivox.com/akustika/Arhitekturna-akustika- Hristev-022015.pdf 8. www.virtins.com