The proposed review looks at some aspects concerning ferroelectrics that are characterized by high dielectric constant at/ or near Curie temperature. Particular attention haс been paid to the doping of BaTiO3 with rare earth elements because they prove to be very promising for the production of supercapacitors. It is pointed out that the preparation of ceramic materials with high dielectric permittivity by sol-gel method is of huge interest due to the numerous advantages inhered to this technology.
- D. F. K. Hennings, B. Schreinemacher& H. Schreinemacher, High-Permittivity Dielectric Ceramics withHigh Endurance, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 13 (1994) 81- 88
- M. Yonezawa, and T. Ohno, „Ceramic composition having high dielectric constant.” US Patent Nos 4,078,938, 1978 and 4,236,928, 1980.
- G. A. Smolenskii, and A. I. Agranovskaja,., Dielectric polarization of a number of complex compounds. Soviet Physies-- Solid State, 1 (1959) 1429-37.
- High-Permittivity Endurance Dielectric Ceramics with High D. F. K. Hennings, B. Schreinemacher& H. SchreinemacherJournal of" the European Ceramic Society, 13 (1994) 81-88
- T. Karaki, K. Yan, T. Miyamoto and M. Adachi, Lead-free piezoelectric ceramics with large dielectric and piezoelectric constants manufactured from BaTiO3nanopowder, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46, (2007) L97.
- D.Berlincourt, Ultrasonic transducer materials: Piezoelectric crystals and ceramics: Piezoelectric crystals and ceramics, O. E. Mattiat, Chapter 2(Plenum, London, 1971)
- H. Kishi, N. Kohzu, J. Sugino, H. Ohsato, Y. Iguchi, and T. Okuda, Base-Metal Electrode-Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors: Past, Present and Future Perspectives, Journal of the European Ceramic Society,19, (1999) 1043-1046.
- Y. Tsur, T. D. Dunbar and C. A. Randall, Defect Chemistry of Y Doped BaTiO3;Journal of Electroceramics, 7, (2001) 25-34.
- F.A.Ismail, R.M. A. Osman and M.S.Idris;Review on dielectric properties of rare earth doped barium titanate, AIP Conference Proceedings 1756, 090005 (2016); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4958786
- Q.Sun,Q. Gu,K. Zhu, R.Jin, J.Liu,J. Wang,J.Qiu; Crystalline Structure, Defect Chemistry and Room Temperature Colossal Permittivity of Nd-doped BariumTitanate; Scientific Reports (2017) Feb 13; vol7:42274. doi: 10.1038
- M. Ganguly, S. K. Rout, P. K. Barhai, C. W. Ahn and I. W. Kim, Phase Transitions, 87, (2014) 157.
- M. Cernea, O. Monnereau, P. Llewellyn, L. Tortet , C. Galassi; Sol–gel synthesis and characterization of Ce doped- BaTiO3;Journal of the European Ceramic Society; 26 (2006) 3241– 3246.
- S. Guillemet-Fritsch, et al. Colossal permittivity in ultrafine grain size BaTiO3-x andBa0.95La0.05TiO3-x materials. Adv. Mater.; (2008) 551–555.
- Y. Li, Y. Hao , X. Wang, and , X. Yao Studies of Dielectric Properties of Rare Earth (Y, Gd, Yb) Doped Barium Titanate Sintered in Pure Nitrogen.: Ferroelectrics, 407(1), (2010),134–139.
- A. ElbassetS. Sayouri, F. Abdi, T. Lamcharfi, and L. Mrharrab ;Effect of Sr Addition on Piezoelectric Properties and the TransitionTemperature of BaTiO3;;Glass Physics and Chemistry, 43, No. 1, (2017), pp. 91–97.
- M. Sandeep,O.P.Thakur,C. Prakash, and K. Sreenivas; Effect of Zr on dielectric, ferroelectric and impedance properties of BaTiO3 ceramics; Bull. Mater. Sci., Vol. 34, No.7, ( 2011), pp. 1483–1489.
- Z.i Yu, Ch.Ang, R.Guo, and A. S. Bhalla:Ferroelectric-relaxor behavior of Ba(Ti0.7Zr0.3)O3 ceramics: J. Appl. Phys. 92, (2002) 2655-2657; doi: 10.1063/1.1495069
- Q.Liu, J.Liu, D.Lu, T.Li, and W. Zheng; Dense Sm and Mn Co-Doped BaTiO3 Ceramics with High Permittivity; Materials (Basel). 12(4),( 2019) p 678 doi: 10.3390/ma12040678
- B.Luo,,X.Wang,E.Tian,H.Song,Q.Zhao,Z.Cai,W.Feng, L.Li; Giant permittivity and low dielectric loss of Fe doped BaTiO3 ceramics:Experimental and first-principles calculations; Journal of the European Ceramic Society 38,( 4,),(2018) 1562-1568.
- Li, Y., Yao, X. & Zhang, L. High permittivity neodymium-doped barium titanate sintered in pure nitrogen. Ceram.Int. 30, (2004),1325–1328
- N Hirose, J. M. S. Skakle, and A. R. West, Doping mechanism and permittivity correlations in Nd-doped BaTiO3 . J. Electroceram. 3, (1999), 233–238.