Technological development must be used to support and facilitate the society safety and evolution. Hazard maps, created based on innovative computer software, have the purpose to prevent and reduce material damages, injuries and deaths. The present paper approaches the design and realization of hazard maps with the purpose of reducing the cross-border gaps between Romania and Republic of Moldova on flood vulnerability. The results conclude on prevention measures in case of emergency situations and regional planning at European Union East border for the increase of society safety.
- C. Mihailescu, Moldova climate and hazards. Evolution, state, prediction, “Licorn” S.R.L Publishing House., Chişinău, 2004
- A.R. Scorzini, E. Frank, Flood damage curves: new insights from the 2010 flood in Veneto, Italy, Journal of Flood Risk Management. doi: 10.1111/jfr3.12163, 2015
- E. Sochircă, L. Căpăţînă, Evaluation of population perception on flooding risks in River Basin Prut, Academus, no. 2 (33), June 2014
- R. Albano, A. Sole, J. Adamowski, L. Mancusi, FloodRisk: a collaborative, free and open-source software for flood risk analysis. Downloaded by [126.96.36.199] at 11:50 29 October 2017.
- Joint Operational Programme Romania-Republic of Moldova 2014-2020, the project „The prevention and protection against floods in the upper Siret and Prut River Basins, through the implementation of a modern monitoring system with automatic stations –EAST AVERT”, https://keep.eu/projects/15262/The-prevention-and-protecti-EN/
- EPTATF 2013-2016, Management and Technical Assistance Support to Moldova, Flood Protection Project - Service contract No TA2011038 MD EST. http://amp.gov.md/contentrepository/downloadFile.do?uuid=c43f4f f0-e2bd-4ba8-b3d1-95d0a4d.
- V. Grama, A. Avanzi, L. Căpățînă, E. Frank, V. Dilan., Flood vulnerability usage for flood risk assessment in the Republic of Moldova., GeoCAD 2016, International Scientific Symposium, Alba Iulia, Romania, May 06 - 07, 2016
- Directive 2000/76/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 December 2000 on the incineration of waste. In: Official Journal of the European Communities [online]. L 332/91-L 332/111 http://www.central2013.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/Downloads/Docu ment_Centre/OP_Resources/Incineration_Directive_2000_76.pdf.
- EU Floods Directive (FD, 2007/60/EC) on the assessment and management of flood risks. https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex:32007L0060
- G.D. Nr. (HG) 562/2020 din 31.07.2020, on the approval of Flood Risk Management Plans. https://www.legis.md/cautare/getResults?doc_id=122775&lang=ro
- V. Grama, M. Turculeț, A. Iacovlev, V. Bujac, A. Tăbăcaru., Using the Web GIS application for managing the abstraction and discharge water points in a river basin, European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2017, Vienna, Austria, 23-28 April 2017