Cyber-physical systems (CPS) are the core of the Fourth industrial revolution and the Industry 4.0 initiative. They are facing many challenges, addressing them requires attracting and using new methods and techniques from the field of artificial intelligence and big data to make intelligent decisions and perform effective data analysis. Тhe paper presents an analyze of the current trends and challenges in the development of cyber-physical systems and the ever-increasing interest in the methods and approaches of artificial intelligence and its application in the life cycle phases of design, analysis, implementation and maintenance of CPS. There are two aspects that are the focus of attention and analysis: (1) the computing by intelligence and (2) the computing for intelligence. Finally some ideas for using different methods and approaches of artificial intelligence for achieving interoperability and autonomy of CPS are proposed.
- Kagermann H., Wahlster W., Helbig J. (2013). Recommendations for implementing the strategic initiative INDUSTRIE 4.0. Final report of the Industrie 4.0 WG. https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.1.1205.8966.
- Meindl B., & Mendonça J. (2021). Mapping Industry 4.0 Technologies: From Cyber-Physical Systems to Artificial Intelligence. ArXiv, abs/2111.14168.
- Rajkumar R., Lee I., Sha L., and Stankovic J. (2010), Cyberphysical systems: the next computing revolution. In Proceedings of the 47th Design Automation Conference, ACM, New York, 2010, pp. 731-736.
- Zhu S., Yu T., Xu T., Chen H., Dustdar S., Gigan S., Gunduz D., Hossain E., Jin Y., Lin F., Liu B., Wan Z., Zhang J., Zhao Z., Zhu W., Chen Z., Durrani T.S., Wang H., Wu J., Zhang T., Pan Y. (2022), Intelligent Computing: The Latest Advances, Challenges and Future. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2211.11281.
- Cyber-Physical Systems Public Working Group (2017), Framework for Cyber-Physical Systems: Volume 1, Overview, Version 1.0, NIST Special Publication 1500-201.
- CPS summit (2016), Action Plan - Towards a Cross-Cutting Science of Cyber-Physical Systems for mastering allimportant engineering challenges, Final Version, 10th April.
- Napoleone A., Macchi M., Pozzetti A. (2020). A review on the characteristics of cyber-physical systems for the future smart factories. Journal of Manufacturing Systems.
- Tutors India, Cyber Physical Systems Research Challenges, August 2, 2021, https://www.tutorindia.com/blog/cyberphysical-systems-research-challenges
- Sun Y., Yang G., Zhou X.-S. (2017), A survey on run-time supporting platforms for cyber physical systems, Frontiers of Information Technologies and Electronic Engineering 18(10), 2017, pp.1458-1478.
- IBM Corporation (2005), An architectural blueprint for autonomic computing. White Paper, 3th Edition, https://www-03.ibm.com/autonomic/pdfs/AC%20Blueprint%20White%20Paper%20V7.pdf (June, 2022).
- Russell S. J., Norvig P., Canny J. F., Malik J. M., Edwards D. D. (1995), Artificial intelligence: a modern approach, Volume 74. Prentice hall, 1995. ISBN 0137903952. 29.