The microscopic and macroscopic views of copper electrodeposits obtained on plastically deformed copper substrates of different deformation degrees have been investigated. Experiments have been performed under galvanostatic conditions. There appear, depending upon the degree of reduction realized during substrate rolling, three types of deposit: epitaxial, homogenous and texture. Epitaxial growth is observed on unreformed substrate and on the substrates with lesser deformation degree (up to 60 %). With the increase of the substrate reduction degree, heterogeneous type of the deposit appeared and the phenomenon of twinning was stated. On very much deformed substrates, as well as in presence of organic additives, field oriented texture type of the deposit is obtained. On very deformed substrates macroscopic uneven deposits appeared, with the linear structure which follows the direction of substrate rolling. Possible explanations of this phenomenon are given.
- Despić, A., Dražić, D., Tatić-Janjić, O., Osnovi elektrohemije (Electrochemistry basics) [Monograph], Naučna knjiga, Belgrade, (1970), pp. 338 - 341.
- Fischer, H., Elektrolytische Abscheidung und Elektrokristallisation von Metallen [Monograph], Springer Verlag, Berlin, (1954), pp. 729.
- Lagiewka, E., Surf. and Coat. Technol., Vol. 35, (1988), pp. 195- 205.
- Setty, T.H.V., Wilman, H., Trans. Faradaz Soc., Vol. 51, (1955), pp. 984.
- Bebczuk de Cusminsky, J., Electrochim. Acta, Vol. 15, (1970), pp. 73 – 82.
- Bebczuk de Cusminsky, J., Wilman, H., Electrochim. Acta, Vol. 17, (1972), pp. 237.
- Shirokoff, J., Erb, U., Philosophical Magazine Letters, Vol. 58, No 5, (1988), pp. 255-260.
- Hull, C.M., Switzer, J.A., Electrodeposited Epitaxial Cu(100) on Si(100) and Lift-Off of Single Crystal-like Cu(100) Foils, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 10, No. 44, (2018), pp. 38596-38602.
- Zhao, Y., Deng, F., Hu, L., Liu, Y., Pan, G., Electrochemical deposition of copper on single-crystal gallium nitride(0001) electrode: nucleation and growth mechanism, Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 130, (2014), pp. 537-542.
- Maizelis, A.A., Bairachniy, B.I., Electrochemical treatment of waste in the form of copper coating on non-conductive substrate to obtain marketable products, Machines. Technologies. Materials., Vol. 11, No. 7, (2017), pp. 360-363.
- Ciszewski, A., Allan, M.J., Progress in Surface Science, Vol. 32, (1989), pp. 173-210.
- Gusković, D., Rajčić, M., Marković, D., Nestorović, S., A possibility on dies sizing calibration process modeling in electrolytic cell, 2nd International conference of the Chemical Societies of the South Eastern European Countries, Khalkidhiki, Greece, (2000).
- Gusković, D., Rajčić-Vujasinović, M., Marjanović, S., Marković, D., Ivanov, S., Dies sizing calibration process modeling via electrolytic cell, 43rd International October Conference on Mining and Metallurgy, Kladovo, Serbia, (2011).
- Gusković, D., Marković, D., Stojadinović, S., Tsvetnie Metally, Vol. 67, No 1, (1992), pp. 56-58.
- Mamontov, E.A., Kozlov, V.M., Kurbatova, L.A., Elektrokhimiya, Vol. 12, (1976), pp. 508-512.
- Mamontov, E.A., Kurbatova, L.A., Volenko, A.P., Elektrokhimiya, Vol. 22, (1986), pp. 629-633.