The influence of Zn on the corrosion behavior of amorphous and nanosized rapidly solidified aluminum alloys (Al75Cu17Mg8)100-xZnx (x = 0; 1; 3) at. % and their crystalline analogues was studied. Data were obtained for resistance of basic and rapidly solidified aluminum alloys (Al75Cu17Mg8)100-xZnx (x = 0; 1; 3) at. % to uniform corrosion. It has been found that increasing the percentage of zinc increases the corrosion rate of both base alloys and rapidly solidified ribbons with similar composition. Pitting and intergranular corrosion tests have been performed. The parameters affected area, pitting density and pitting size were evaluated. An XRD analysis of the separated corrosion products was performed. It was found that the chemical composition, and not the amorphous microstructure of the ribbons, was of leading importance for the course of the corrosion process in the studied rapidly solidified ribbons (Al75Cu17Mg8)100-xZnx and base alloys.
- T. Masumoto, Hashimoto K., Journal de Physique Colloques, 41,C8 (1980).
- M. Mehmood,. Zhang B. P, Akiyama E., Habazaki H., Kawashima A.,. K. Asami, Hashimoto K., Corros. Sci., 40, 1. (1998).
- H. Yoshioka, Yoshida S., Kawashima A., Asami K., Hashimoto K., Corros. Sci., 26 ,(1986) ,.
- F.Q. Guo, Enouf S.J., Poon S.J., Shiflet G.J., Philos. Mag. Lett., 81, (2001),.
- E.L. Principe, Shaw B.A., Davis G.D., Corrosion , 59 ,(2003),.
- G.S. Frankel, Russak M.A., Jahnes C.V., Mirzamaani M., Brusic V.A., J. Electrochem. Soc. , 136 ,(1989).
- N. U¨nlu¨, Guo F.Q., Ferrell J.,. Shiflet G.J, Poon S.J., Scully J.R., Unpublished.
- V. Dyakova, Stefanov G., Kovacheva D., Murdjeva Y. , International Journal “DNT Days”, Volume III, Issue 3,(2020).
- V. Dyakova, Penkov I., Stefanov G., Marinkov N., Murdveva Y., Kichukova D., Glass forming ability and crystallization behaviour of amorphous and nanosized rapidly solidified (Al75Cu17Mg 8)100- xZnx alloys, International scientific conference Industry - 4.0, Bulgaria, (2020) (to by published)
- D. de la Fuente, Otero-Huerta E., Morcillo M., Corrosion Science, 49, (2007),.
- Y. Menga , Liua L., Zhangb D., Dongb C., Yanb Y. , Volinskyd A., Wang L., Bioactive materials, 4 ,(2019),.