Agricultural labor is physically demanding, tedious and often carried out in unfavorable conditions, making it suitable for robotization. Due to climate change and the swift increase of the human populace on Earth, the hunger is becoming increasingly an issue (currently, around 2 billion people suffer from malnourishment). With the aim of maximal efficiency of the production of plant food, an accelerated introduction of robotics in the field of agriculture is required (Agriculture 4.0).
- 1.Appolonia, Kevin Priolo, Alexandra. „This Robotic Farm Uses 90% Less Water than Traditional Farming“. Business Insider Australia, 20.07. 2019. https://www.businessinsider.com.au/robotic-farm-uses-90-less-water-than-traditional-farming-2018-10. Clercq, Matthieu De, Anshu Vats, и Alvaro Biel. „AGRICULTURE 4.0: THE FUTURE OF FARMING TECHNOLOGY“, 2018, 30.
- Dean, L. (2019, July 31). You could soon have your groceries delivered by drone, in minutes. Retrieved from https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/drone-deliveries-of-groceries-descend-on-queensland-012753772.html Future farming. „Farmer Shares His Experiences Using a Robotic Tractor“.
- https://www.futurefarming.com/Machinery/Articles/2017/6/Farm er-shares-his-experiences-using-a-robotic-tractor- 1614WP/.
- Kurstjens, G. (2018, March 23). Farmer shares his experiences using a robotic tractor. Retrieved from https://www.futurefarming.com/Machinery/Articles/2017/6/Farmer-shares-his-experiences-using-a-robotic-tractor-1614WP/
- PRIOLO, K., & APPOLONIA, A. (2019, July 20). This robotic farm uses 90% less water than traditional farming. Retrieved from https://www.businessinsider.com.au/robotic-farm-uses-90-less-water-than-traditional-farming-2018-10
- Welle, D. (n.d.). Antarctic greenhouse vegetables picked. Retrieved December 1, 2019, from https://www.dw.com/en/scientists-harvest-antarctic-greenhouse-vegetables/a-43265721
- TechStartups.com. (2018, May 22). AI-powered robots fight weeds to disrupt US$100 billion pesticide industry dominated by agrochemical giants | Startups News | Tech News. Retrieved December 1, 2019, from https://techstartups.com/2018/05/22/ai-powered-robots-fight-weeds-disrupt-us100-billion-pesticide-industry-dominated-agrochemical-giants/
- Grimstad, Lars & From, Pål. (2017). Thorvald II - a Modular and Re-configurable Agricultural Robot. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 50. 4588-4593. 10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.1005.
- Hayashi, Shigehiko & Yamamoto, Satoshi & Saito, Sadafumi & Ochiai, Yoshiji & Kamata, Junzo & Kurita, Mitsutaka & Yamamoto, Kazuhiro. (2014). Field Operation of a Movable Strawberry-harvesting Robot using a Travel Platform. Japan Agricultural Research Quarterly: JARQ. 48. 307-316. 10.6090/jarq.48.307.
- Utstumo, Trygve & Urdal, Frode & Brevik, Anders & Dørum, Jarle & Netland, Jan & Overskeid, Øyvind & Berge, Therese & Gravdahl, Jan. (2018). Robotic in-row weed control in vegetables. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. 154. 36-45. 10.1016/j.compag.2018.08.043.
- Krishna, K. R. (2016). Push Button Agriculture: Robotics, Drones, Satellite-guided Soil and Crop Management., Apple Academic Press.
- Welle (www.dw.com), Deutsche. „Scientists Harvest Antarctic Greenhouse Vegetables | DW | 05.04.2018“. DW.COM. https://www.dw.com/en/scientists-harvest-antarctic-greenhouse-vegetables/a-43265721. Zhang, Q. (2015). Precision Agriculture Technology for Crop Farming. -: Taylor & Francis.