Insuring a sustainable development of wind energy production and consumption is challenging and highly important for /achieving of EU 20/20/20 goals for Bulgaria. Wind energy has been seen as a clean and environmentally friendly in comparison with conventional energy sources, but there are still some conflicts between wind energy project development and environmental protection goals that should be enlighten and solved. One possible way is to enhance the process of wind energy projects’ location identification. The current research is focused on identification and classification of criterion that could be used in this process. The legal requirements regarding wind energy projects’ location are analyzed and presented. Additional requirements regarding environmental protection and biodiversity conservation are identified and defined as criterion. A set of measurable indicators related to each criteria is established and proposed in this paper.
- BirdLife International, 2003; SEO/BirdLife, 1995; BioSystems Analysis Inc. 1990, Orloff & Flannery 1992.
- Bulgarian organization for birds protection, ornithological important place in Bulgaria (OIP), www.old.bspb.org/print_page.php?id=435&menu_id, 2001-2018;
- BUNARCO, BirdLife International, 2009, p.35-36;
- Damianov D, at all, “Fourth Industrial revolution – essence and problems”, KNIG1, 2019;
- Deshalm, 2002, Kahler, Komulative auswirtungen von Offshore windkraftnutzung und schiffsverkehr am beispiel der seetaucher in der deutchen bucht, pp 18-20;
- Euro Lex- European Union laws, Directive 2009/28 EC at all, https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/ALL/?uri=celex%3A32009L0028
- International renewable energy agency. Renewable capacity statistic 2018, p24, https://www.irena.org/-/media/Files/IRENA/Agency/Publication/2018/Mar/IRENA_RE_Capacity_Statistics_2018.pdf
- Madders, 2004, Chamberlian, Band collision risk model, p.221;
- Michev, T., L. Profirov, K. Nyagolov, M. Dimitrov. 2011. Autumn Migration of Soaring Birds at Bourgas Bay, Bulgaria 1979- 2003,British Birds, London, 1, pp 16-37;
- Minchev T, at all., “Migration of soaring birds via Bulgaria”, Acta Zooloica Bulgaria, March 2012,
- Ministry of environment and water, 2013 Report of the sensitive birds zone”. http://natura2000.moew.government.bg/PublicDownloads/Auto/OtherDoc/276299/276299_Birds_120.pdf
- Ministry of environment and water, Regional inspection of environment and water, Appendix 1 to the law of protecting the environment;
- Ministry of regional development, Regulation 14;
- Newton, A. 2012, The coastal syndromes and hotspots on the coast, p 225;
- Regional inspection of environment and water, data under the law for access to information „Processed wind generators on the territory of RIEW Varna for the period 2003-2015г.
- Toneva D, Stankova T, 2017 Wind energy projects’ environmental impact. Sustainable development 3/2017, рр.31-35
- Toneva D, Stankova T., Development of wind energy projects in Bulgaria- challenges and opportunities. In proceedings International conference Applied Computer Technologies. Macedonia, proceeding 1-2018, pp.60-63
- Von Heijnis 1980, Effects on find farm on birds, p.26
- Yankov P. at all, 2007. Atlas of the nesting birds in Bulgaria
- Zehnde, S.& Karllson, L. 2001, Denmark, Remote techniques for counting and estimating the number of birds-wind turbine collisions,p.11;