BUSINESS & “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Introduction of Industry 4.0 in Industrial Enterprises: Problems and Challenges
- 1 Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Industrial Management – Technical University of Varna, Bulgaria
This publication analyzes the opportunities, problems and challenges associated with the implementation of Industry 4.0 in Bulgarian industrial enterprises in condition of a dynamic changing competitive environment and extending digitalization. An analysis is made on the base of the four fundamental principles that are used for application of solutions related to the implementation of Industry 4.0 and that influence on the organizational activities in all functional areas in the industrial enterprise. Various industrial sectors are analyzed to identify the trends, problems and challenges of the introduction of Industry 4.0 in manufacturing activities. Opportunities for improving their competitiveness are identified by means of using the principles and advantages of the modern digitalization. Up-to-date statistics and various methods for analyzing of the existing information are used. The specifics of development of the leading sectors in Bulgarian economy are identified. The results show that there is a growing number of Bulgarian industrial enterprises focused on deploying Industry 4.0 to reach new higher levels of productivity, quality and efficiency. This is a new approach in seeking favorable opportunities for their further sustainable development and competitiveness. Some fundamental problems, challenges and barriers in industrial enterprises, in the process of introduction of digitalization in the industry are discussed, which hinder the fast pace of their development. As a result of this analysis are presented some appropriate solutions.
- Borisov, B. Industry 4.0 or what digitalization means to the industry, Conference „Industry 4.0 – Challenges and Implications for Bulgaria's Economic and Social Development“ from 12tг April 2018 in Sofia, Republic of Bulgaria;
- Concept for digital transformation of the Bulgarian industry (Industry 4.0) 2017-2030;
- High-Tech Strategy for Germany 2020
- Krasimira Dimitrova, Technology, Quality and Innovation - Key Aspects of Competitiveness of Industrial Enterprises, International Conference Applied Computer Technologies (ACT) 2019 from 19th to 21th September in Varna, Republic of Bulgaria.
- Martenov, Sv., Digitalization in the industry: an ecosystem for sustainable innovative growth - Conference „Industry 4.0 – Challenges and Implications for Bulgaria's Economic and Social Development“ from 12tг April 2018 in Sofia, Republic of Bulgaria;
- Ovcharova, Jivka, Implementation of Industry 4.0 in SMEs: Minimizing Risks and Identifying Opportunities –Conference „Industry 4.0 – Challenges and Implications for Bulgaria's Economic and Social Development“ from 12tг April 2018 in Sofia, Republic of Bulgaria;
- Panayotova, Tanya & Dimitrova, Krasimira (2019). A Strategic Vision for Development of Flexible Industrial Enterprise, Chapter 11 in DAAAM International Scientific Book 2019, pp.143-158, B. Katalinic (Ed.), Published by DAAAM International, ISBN 978-3-902734-24-2, ISSN 1726-9687, Vienna, Austria;
- Panayotova, Tanya, Opportunities for research the impact of intellectual capital on creating value in industrial enterprises, International Conference Applied Computer Technologies (ACT) 2019 from 19th to 21th September in Varna, Republic of Bulgaria;
- Strategy for Bulgaria's Participation in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) of 2018.
- Velikov, М. „Industry 4.0. Will replace the machines people?“, Journal „your BUSINESS“, issue 3 , 2017
- National Statistical Institute – www.nsi.bg