The advancement in Information and communication technologies has created conditions for using these technologies in many applications including the industry ones. Robotics has been traditionally present in industries, especially in manufacturing. Development of cyber-physical systems, artificial intelligence, smart sensors, Internet of Things, and other relevant technologies enabled certain transformation in the field of robotics which resulted in new robotics concepts that lead towards smart factories and fulfilment of Industry 4.0 requirements. This paper deals with some of these concepts such as cloud robotics, Internet of Robotics Things and collaborative robotics giving their main characteristics and possibilities of application in Industry 4.0 domain.
- L. D. Xu, E. L. Xu L. Li, Industry 4.0: state of the art and future trends. International Journal of Production Research, (2018) 56:8, 2941-2962
- A. Rojko, Industry 4.0 Concept: Background and Overview. iJIM, Vol. 11, No. 5, 2017, 77 – 90
- Z. Gaoa, T. Wanyamaa, I. Singha, A. Gadhrria, R. Schmidt, From Industry 4.0 to Robotics 4.0 - A Conceptual Framework for Collaborative and Intelligent Robotic Systems, INTER-ENG 2019, Elsevier Procedia Manufacturing 46 (2020) 591–599
- L. Romeo, A. Petitti, R. Marani and A. Milella, Internet of Robotic Things in Smart Domains: Applications and Challenges, Sensors 2020, 20, 3355
- V. Kumar, D. Rus, G. S. Sukhatme, Networked Robots, Mobile and Distributed Robotics, 2008, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-30301-5_42
- G. Hu, W.P. Tay, Y. Wen, Cloud robotics: Architecture, challenges and applications. IEEE Netw. 2012, 26, 21–28.
- J. Kuffner, Cloud-Enabled Robots, in IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, 2010.
- J. Wan, S. Tang, H. Yan, D. Li, S. Wang, A.V. Vasilakos, Cloud robotics: Current status and open issues. IEEE Access 2016, 4, 2797–2807.
- A.K. Bozcuoğlu, G. Kazhoyan, Y. Furuta, S. Stelter, M. Beetz, K. Okada, M. Inaba, The Exchange of Knowledge Using Cloud Robotics. IEEE Robot. Autom. Lett. 2018, 3, 1072–1079.
- Universal robots, An Introduction to Common Collaborative Robot Applications, https://www.universal-robots.com/academy
- M. Beaupre, Collaborative Robot Technology and Applications, Robotic Industry Assosiation - RIA, https://www.robotics.org/userAssets/riaUploads/file/4- KUKA_Beaupre.pdf
- A. A. Malik, A. Bilberg, (2017). Framework to Implement Collaborative Robots In Manual Assembly: A Lean Automation Approach, Proceedings of the 28th DAAAM International Symposium, pp.1151-1160, B. Katalinic (Ed.), Published by DAAAM International, ISBN 978-3-902734-11-2, ISSN 1726- 9679, Vienna, Austria, DOI: 10.2507/28th.daaam.proceedings.160
- M. Knudsen, J. Kaivo-Oja, Collaborative Robots: Frontiers of Current Literature, Journal of Intelligent Systems: Theory and Applications 3(2) 2020: 13-20.
- S. Bragança, E. Costa, I. Castellucci, & P. M. Arezes, (2019). A Brief Overview of the Use of Collaborative Robots in Industry 4.0: Human Role and Safety. Wandel Durch Partizipation, 641–650. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-14730-3
- M. H. Miraz, M. Ali, P. S. Excell, R. Picking, Internet of Nano-Things, Things and Everything: Future Growth Trends. Future Internet 2018, 10, 68
- P. P. Ray, (2016). Internet of Robotic Things: Concept, Technologies, and Challenges. IEEE Access, 4, 9489–9500.
- P. Simoens, M. Dragone, and A. Saffiotti, The Internet of Robotic Things: A review of concept, added value and applications, Internat. Journal of advanced Robotic Systems, 2018: I-II, doi: 10.1177/1729881418759424
- D. Kara and S. Carlaw, The Internet of Robotic Things. Technical Report, ABI Research, 2014.
- O. Vermesan, R. Bahr, M. Ottella, M. Serrano, T. Karlsen, T. Wahlstrøm, H. E. Sand, M. Ashwathnarayan and M. T. Gamba (2020) Internet of Robotic Things Intelligent Connectivity and Platforms. Front. Robot. AI 7:104. doi: 10.3389/frobt.2020.00104
- M. Rüßmann et al., Industry 4.0: The future of productivity and growth in manufacturing industries, report Boston Consult. Group 9(1), 54-89, (2015)
- J. Wan, S. Tang, Q. Hua, D. Li, C. Liu, J. Lloret, Context-aware cloud robotics for material handling in cognitive industrial internet of things. IEEE Internet Things J. 2017, 5.
- S. J. Khalid, Internet of Robotic Things: A Review, JASTT, Vol. 02, No. 03, pp. 78-90 (2021)
- L. Romeo, A. Petitti, R. Marani and A. Milella, Internet of Robotic Things in Industry 4.0: Applications, Issues and Challenges, 7th International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies (CoDIT’20), 2020, 177-182
- M. Javaid, A. Haleem, R. P. Singh, R. Suman, Substantial capabilities of robotics in enhancing industry 4.0 implementation, Cognitive Robotics 1 (2021) 1–18, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cogr.2021.06.001
- S. El Zaataria, M. Mareia, W. Lia, Z. Usmanb, Cobot programming for collaborative industrial tasks: An overview. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2019 DOI: 10.1016/j.robot.2019.03.003