In today’s business environment, companies need to take responsibility for their actions and their impact on stakeholders. The company-society relationship must be reciprocal.In this report, we consider implementing innovations in SMEs doing business in Bulgaria, the performance of CSR in practice and whether there is an understanding of the relationship between them. The theory is illustrated by data from an empirical study of 300 companies by the report’s author.
- Drucker, P.F., (1985). Innovation and entrepreneurship. Harper Trade, New York.
- Baldwin, E., M.Curley , (2007). Managing IT innovation for business value, IT best practice series. Intel Press, Santa Clara.
- Chesbrough, H. V. (2003). Open Innovation: The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology Harvard Business Press.
- Димитрова, Я. (2017) Култура на иновацията, С. Издателски комплекс на УНСС
- Carroll, A. B. (1991). The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders. Business Horizons, July- August, 1991, pp. 39-48.
- Van Marrewijk, M. Werre. (2003) Multiple levels of corporate sustainability.Journal of Business Ethics, 44(2/3),pp. 107-119
- Gregory, A., R. Tharyan, J.M. Whittaker (2016). Corporate Social Responsibility and Firm Value: Disaggregating the Effects on Cash Flow, Risk and Growth, Journal of Business Ethics 124 (4), pp.633-657
- Barnett, M. (2007. Stakeholder Influence Capacity And The Variability Of Financial Returns To Corporate Social Responsibility The Academy of Management Review 32(3), pp.794-816
- Димитрова, Я. (2020) Иновации и корпоративна социална отговорност, С, ГорексПрес
- Gallego‐ Álvarez, I., M. Prado‐ Lorenzo, J. García‐ Sánchez (2011). Corporate social responsibility and innovation: a resource‐ based theory, Management Decision, Vol. 49 No. 10, pp. 1709-1727.
- MacGregor, S. P., X.Spinach, J. Fontrodona (2007). Social innovation: Using design to generate business value through corporate social responsibility. IESE Business School, University of Gerona, Spain.
- Porter, M. E., M. R. Kramer (2006) Strategy & society: The link between competitive advantage and corporate
- social responsibility. Harvard Business Review, 84(12), pp.78–92.
- Du,S., C.B. Bhattacharya, S.Sen (2010) Maximizing Business Returns to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): The Role of CSR Communication, International Journal of Management Reviews 12(1), pp.8-18
- Tian, Zh., R. Wang, W. Yang (2011) Consumer Responses to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in China. Journal of Business Ethics 101(2),pp.197-212.
- Zhang, L., M. Gowan (2012) Corporate Social Responsibility, Applicants’ Ind ividual Traits, and Organizational Attraction: A Person–Organization Fit Perspective, Journal of Business and Psychology 27(3), pp.345-362.
- Husted, B.W., D.B. Allen (2007). Strategic corporate social responsibility and value creation among large firms: lessons from the Spanish experience. Long Range Planning, 40, pp.594-610.
- Beurden,P, T. Gossling (2008) The Worth of Values – A Literature Review on the Relation Between Corporate Social and Financial Performance, Journal of Bus. Ethic, 82, pp.541-561
- Busch, T., G. Friede, (2018). The Robustness of the Corporate Social and Financial Performance Relation: A Second-Order Meta-Analysis: Corporate social and financial performance, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, Vol.25(4), pp.583-608
- McWilliams, A., D. Siegel (2001). Corporate social responsibility: a theory of the firm perspective. Academy of Management Review, 26(1), pp.117-127.
- Porter, M. E., M. R. Kramer (2011) The big idea: creating shared value’, Harvard Business Review, Vol. 89, pp. 62- 77.
- McWilliams, A., D.Siegel (2000) Corporate social responsibility and fnancial performance: Correlation or misspecifcation? Strategic Management Journal, 21 ,pp. 603–609.
- Locket, A., J. Moon, W. Vysar (2006). Corporate Social Responsibility in Management Research: Focus, Nature, Salience and Sources of Influence, Journal of Management Studies 43(1), pp.115-136.