Thermal comfort and indoor air quality highly depend on proper design of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioned (HVAC) system. These system require large amounts of energy. Efficient use of energy leads to new concept design of HVAC systems. In this article, energy consumption in office building is analysed using Hourly Analysis Program (HAP) software. The aim of this research work is focused in estimation of office building energy consumption considering three different HVAC systems, respectively. Therefore, Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) system, HVAC 2-pipe and HVAC 4-pipe system were analysed with respect to energy consumption. A typical office building placed in Tirana, of 5000 m2 of total area is used for this study.
- EIA 2012-U.S Energy Information Administration. https://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/annual/pdf/aer.pdf
- L. Chretien, R. Becerra, N P Salts and E. A. Groll. System solution to improve energy efficiency of HVAC systems, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. Vol. 232, (2017), pp. 1-9.
- Carrier HAP Manual. https://www.ahi-carrier.gr/media/154466/e20s- HAP50_manual.pdf
- ISO 13790:2008. Energy performance of buildings-Calculation of energy use for space heating and cooling.
- ASHRAE design weather conditions. http://ashrae-meteo.info/
- Shira A., Dorri A., Bidaj F. Energy consumption evaluation of the heating ventilation air condition through hourly analysis program software, International Scientific Journal Industry 4.0, Issue 1/2020, ISSN 2534-8582 pp.27-28.