The mechanical properties bending strength and modulus of elasticity in bending of a new type plywood for construction, based on black locust wood, have been investigated in relationship with the bonding technological factors. The experimental investigation is based on an optimal composite design with four control factors – temperature, pressure, bonding duration and specific glue consumption. Regression models describing the dependence of bending strength and modulus of elasticity in bending on the investigated technological bonding parameters are estimated. The obtained experimental and model-based results are analysed and discussed
- G. Blaskova, Properties and use of black locust wood. Furniture and woodworking industry (Sofia) 3 (2000)
- G. Blaskova, Wood Science (Publishing house at LTU, Sofia, 2003)
- P. Panayotov and team, Report on the topic: "Comparative studies of the properties of the wood of the straight black locust Robinia pseudoacacia forma rectissima and the traditionally used white acacia Robinia pseudoacacia L.". MES, FSI at LTU-Sofia, PSIL for wood modification, Sofia, (2004)
- A. Hristov, Sci. researches of the Union of Scientists in Bulgaria - Plovdiv. Series C. Tech. and Technol., V, Balkan Conf. of Young Scient. (Plovdiv) 39-46 (2005)
- I. Vuchkov, Experimental research and identification (Technique, Sofia, 1990)
- BDS EN 310: 1999 “Wood-based panels. Determination of the modulus of elasticity in bending and bending strength”.
- QstatLab home page: http://www.qstatlab.co.uk/eng/index.html