The effect of phase transform on creep responces of fgm rotating disk
- 1 Esfarayen University of Technology, Esfarayen, Iran
In many applications, FGM rotating discs are subjected to severe operating temperature and high rotational speeds. In such conditions the incidence of creep is inevitable. To study some aspects of this phenomenon, using the Sherby’s law the creep relaxation of a group of FGM rotating discs is modeled. Results show that even thought the temperature is uniform entirely, the stress variation leads to a phase transformation and so the creep mechanism is changed. In this paper the effect of this change of creep mechanism on the steady state creep behavior of FGM rotating discs made of Al-SiC is studied.
- J. Jelwan, M. Chowdhury and G. Pearce, Creep life design criterion and its applications to pressure vessel codes, Materials Physics and Mechanics, 2011; 11: 157-182.
- J. Schweiker, O. M. Sidebottom, Creep of thick-walled cylinders subjected to internal pressure and axial load, Experimental Mechanics, 1965; 5(6): 186-192.
- A. M. Wahl, G. O. Sankey, M. J. Manjoine and E. Shoemaker, Creep tests of rotating discs at elevated temperature and comparison with theory, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 1954; 21: 225-235.
- B. M. Ma, A creep analysis of rotating solid discs, Journal of the Franklin institute, 1959; 267: 157-168.
- B. M. Ma, Creep analysis of rotating solid discs with variable thickness and temperature, Journal of the Franklin institute, 1961; 270: 40-54.
- B. M. Ma, A power function creep analysis for rotating solid discs having variable thickness and temperature, Journal of the Franklin institute, 1964; 277: 593-612.
- V. K. Arya and N. S. Bhatnagar, Creep analysis of rotating orthotropic discs, International Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Design, 1979; 55: 323-330.
- J. Bialkiewicz, Dynamic creep rupture of a rotating disc of variable thickness, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 1986; 28: 671-681.
- L. Kachanov, Rupture time under creep conditions, International Journal of Fracture, 1999; 97: 11-18.
- N. S. Bhatnagar, P. S. Kulkarni and V. K. Arya, Steady state creep of orthotropic rotating discs of variable thickness, International Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Design, 1986; 91: 121-141.
- J. F. Durodola and O. Attia, Deformation and stresses in functionally graded rotating discs, Composites Science and Technology, 1999; 60(7): 987-995.
- S. B. Singh and S. Ray, Steady state creep behavior in an isotropic functionally graded material rotating disc of Al-SiC composite, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 2001; 32A: 1679-1685.
- H. Jahed and J. Bidabadi, An axisymmetric method of creep analysis for primary and secondary creep, International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 2003; 80: 597-606.
- S. B. Singh and S. Ray, Newly proposed yield criteria for residual stress and steady state creep in an anisotropic rotating composite disc, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 2003; 143: 623-628.
- V. K. Gupta, S. B. Singh, H. N. Chandrawat and S. Ray, Creep behavior of a rotating functionally graded composite disc operating under thermal gradients, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 2004; 35A: 1381-1391.
- V. K. Gupta, S. B. Singh, H. N. Chandrawat and S. Ray, Steady state creep and material parameters in a rotating disc of AlSiC composites, European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids, 2004; 23: 335-344.
- I. Hafeez, M. A. Kamal, Creep Compliance: A Parameter to Predict Rut Performance of Asphalt Binders and Mixtures, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 2014; 39(8): 5971-5978.
- V. K. Gupta, S. B. Singh, H. N. Chandrawat and S. Ray, Modeling of creep behavior of a rotating disc in presence of composition and thermal gradient, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 2005; 127(1): 96-104.
- A. B. Pandey, R. S. Mishra, Y. R. Mahajan, Steady state creep behavior of silicon carbide particulate reinforced aluminum composites, Acta Metallurgica et Materialia, 1992; 40: 2045-2082.